Thread: My update

My update

Hi guys its chantel
    everybody knows me by now for my constant panic!!! well just to let u all know ive actually got my appoitment with ENT For the swallowing problems ive had for a few weeks, the appoitments on 8TH OCTOBER so not long away.ive just gotta worry and wait to see them now lol.
    Thanks to everyone for there support
    Best Wishes
    Chantel.xxx

Re: My update

Good luck! I have had lots of tests at ENT and they were very nice and reassuring. Actually, I think they are quite disappointed not to find anything wrong! They must see sooo many anxiety sufferers!
    Seeker

Seeker wot throat probs did u have hun? Chantel.xxxx

Hello,
    i had the old globus hystericus thing of thinking there was a lump in my throat, trouble swallowing etc. I also had suspected excess acid procudction and possible hiatus hernia. so, I had a camera just down the top part of my throat to look for a lump, whichwas all clear. it was ok, too - they numbed my throat and mouth with a horrible tasting spray and stuck the camera down my nose - didn't really feel it apart from a pressure.

They found no lump and referred me for a barium meal re hiatus hernia. Had that, which was really quite cool - got turned upside down on xray machine and all sorts. Found a hiatus hernia, but nothing really to worry about - prescribed antacids. Then, finally, had an endoscopy as was still getting stomach pain etc. this wasn't so pleasant, but still bearable and the quickest procedure of them all. Again, no ulcers, no obvious inflammation of stomach or anyhting. so, after all of these, nothing really wrong found, but still get random pains and am in agony at the moment with a stomach bug (I think!). hope it goes well and any questions, just ask away!

Thread Information