Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fluoxetine and propranolol

Re: fluoxetine and propranolol

Hey, im on day 42 of fluoxetine 20mg. The first few weeks were not very good for me, my anxiety shot threw the roof and I cried a lot. Just like you describe, I was dreading leaving the house. I took time off work which really helped (6 weeks so far). My doc said all this is normal and if you read the posts on here you will see that it does take 3-6 weeks before you start to feel any benefit. I would say stick with it, it does get worse before it gets better but its just the meds getting into your system. I started feeling better after 4-5 weeks, im on week 6 now. Im in a much better place than I was, more calm and hardly ever anxious. I have one more week off then im going back to work I think it will be good for me! Despite the side effects, I finds these meds very good and I would do it all over again to get where I am now. Keep the faith and good luck xx

Hi I was really scared of taking fluoexetine the first couple of months were awful but felt I had no choice as couldn't carry on feeling panicky. I can honestly say I wish I had taken these sooner as they take the edge off, I didn't realise how I felt till I look back and am so much happier now. The side effects were worse panic attacks but these do go. I wake up feeling better, constant thoughts are not there, things that would bother me don't anymore. I'm on 40mg and find that perfect. If I'm in a meeting or being looked at I would get anxious to the point I couldn't function. Propranolol really helps I take it an hour before i need to be in the spotlight. I grew up with a real stigma about anti depressants and they were bad but they have really helped me. Give it a few months though as it did take a while. Wish you well

Hi. I was hoping to get some advice i have been on 180Mg of Propropanol for 12 months, Although this has helped due to depression i now also take 20MG of Fluxtein that i started 6 days ago, I still do not appear to be able to sleep and i feel really drowsy through the days at work, Has anyone else had this problem? i also take Propanol in the morning and fluxotein at the night so i am not to spaced out through the day does anyone else take them in the evening.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Can someone please help

I have been taken 140MG of Propropanol for over 12 months now, I started Fluxotein 6 days ago to help with my depression, i am taking the propanol in the morning and fluotein at night, Does anyone else take the flux at night, They are making me very very drowsy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information