Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help

Unhappy help

i am looking for some advice i am suffering from anxiety and a bit of agrophobia last week i went to evening class at college with a friend of mine i had a few wobbly moments where i felt really ill and wanted to run out however i managed to sit it out !well i had no choice my friend said if i wanted to leave she would take me but when i said i thought i wanted to leave she said no i would be fine(tough love) i think its called anyway i came home happy i had stayed but exhausted (anxiety hangover) and now i am due back at college tonight and already i feel ill at the thought i dont know what to do if i go i know she wont bring me home and its a 20 min car journey i cant drive so i am totally reliant on my friend im in such a tizzy about this what should i do someone plz help me

Re: help

Go.

Avoidance is the worst thing you can do to yourself.

I'm going to a university lecture tomorrow for the first time since my anxiety happened.

If I run out of it, fair enough - I'll go again next week.

If I last five minutes more before running out - fair enough, I'll go the week after.

After a while you'll be so used to it that you'll be able to sit out the whole thing with no issues at all.

Exposure is the key to recovery.

i know you are right im just terrified that im stuck twenty mins from home having a massive attack im talking myself into this attack before its even happened i know i hate this anxiety why cant i be normal well i hope you get on ok at your lecture i also have the problem that while i wrote ten pages of work i could not of told you what i had written because i was so wrapped up in how i felt so while the rest of the class could answer questions i did not have a clue

hello
    well you did good to stay. . . so go back again this week!
    i know its hard but like malton seadog said even if you stay a while you have made anouther success to store away in you mind.
    we know its not easy and sometimes the worse bit is the anticapation,
    you will be "normal" in fact i think we are better than normal because everyday we have to cope with anxiety and panic that actually makes us strong people.
    a few years ago i couldnt do things like collage etc, but it does and will get easier.
    let us know how you get on ok. . .
    sending you a few
    to take with you.
    rach
    x

thanks for the advice im trying not to think about it right now cos im just making maself worse i shall try and go and let you know how i get on xx

Wink Re: help

GOOOO... u will be fine hun... just do some slow breathing if you feel yourself starting to panic.... p.s thanks for the talk on chat hun BIGGGG BIGG HUGGGS!! xxxx

im not sure what in going to do yet but your welcome anytime u need to chat im here for you

Hi leeg

I hope you do manage to make it back to your class just remember you managed to sit through the last one so you can do it.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Carol

thanks carol i live in hope xx

i never managed college this week i hope i can next week i shall let you all know xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information