Thread: I got my letter today.

I got my letter today.

I was called in for a medical examination a few weeks ago, as part of a review after claiming Incapacity Benefit for 6 months, and today I received the decision.

Apparently, I 'passed', scoring enough points to continue getting the IB, and with the bonus? of no longer having to get a sicknote from the doctor every month. At first I felt a relief at not having to grit my teeth and go through the ordeal of travelling to the GP surgery and sitting in a waiting room full of people... but then I started thinking... is that a good thing? At least I had a reason that forced me to make the effort to go out. I'm a bit worried now that I'll slide into letting the agoraphobia take hold more. But it was only once a month. I still have to get my prescription refilled, go to the local shop for groceries, etc. Hmmm... but that can all be done online.... Oooo-errr... I could be in danger of becoming a hermit.

The opinions stated above are the personal opinions of the writer, and not intended to offend or denigrate any opinions held by anyone else.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad,
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Re: I got my letter today.

Well, its good that you dont have to worry about money for a bit longer. If thed taken it off you and forced you to get a job too quickly that wouldnt have helped your recovery really. But as you said you'll have to try and find a few little ways of getting out there agian...small steps chuck xxx

hiya matey i am pleased for you and it isnt a bad thing, take small steps and find little things to do so u dont end up getting into that situation where u dont go out, u will be fine kendo. hugs xxxx

Hi Kendo

Agoraphobia it a bummer to get out of so please force yourself to do small things daily as i would hate to see you get into the same situation that i am in. I have to start all over again because i let it take over! Grrrrr wallop me!! Lol

Love Lisa
    xxx

Thread Information