Thread: cbt waiting list

cbt waiting list

i spoke to my gp about cbt hes says it will take about 18 months for an appointment so basically says no point , this seems so unfair especially when the NICE guidelines suggest cbt first choice of treatment for anxiety i am seriously thinkin about going private , does anyone have any ideas ? many thanks for reading this

Re: cbt waiting list

hiya yes it is unfair which is why i went private, it costs me 40 pound per session but its been so worth it and also u only get a limited amount of sessions i think too.

i have been very out of pocket alot but its helped me so much so its been worth it.

i looked up counselling on internet for my area and it will bring up loads of different counsellors etc

Hi Becs

Yeah these things do tend to have huge waiting lists i'm afaid. Just shows how many sufferes there are out there. I'm sure i heard there are come CBT things that you can do on line. try googling it hun and see what you come up with.

Good Luck

Love Lisa
    xxx

sorry i meant u only get limited amount of sessions with nhs, but with private i have had loads

hi i waited 8 months for cbt theropy i was told it goes on your postal code what a joke hey
    you get 12 sesions and 2 follow up sesions
    im only on my first sesion at the min but its worth still putting ya name down
    ya never no you will prob wont wait as long as your doc says
    good luck xx

whilst ur waiting try cbt online-

'livinglifetothefull.co.uk'

or

'moodgym.co.uk'

worth a try hunny

milly xx

i would go back to your gp and ask for the ba; to start rolling. I was told it could be 12-18 months waiting list, but i still went for the assessment and would have been starting therapy at the end of last year, but i got pregnant and both the therapist and myself agreed to wait until at least 6 months pp and ive been given a start date for next month now and im pooping myself!

perhaps whilst your on the waiting list you could ask for a cpn just for some extra support?

good luck.x

Thread Information