Thread: Other than caffeine...

Other than caffeine...

what else can you use to keep you more awake?

I didn't sleep very well last night and completely forgot we've got builders here today so i'm up at 7:45am soo sleepy. I have to go out at 3:00pm and drive so I need something that's going to wake me up I get worried about driving when I feel not with it, and there's no bus service here and my parents are both at work.

I haven't had caffeine since my attack in April. Even making a cup of tea/coffee for my parents or guests makes me feel sick.
    Last edited by noonoo; 25-09-08 at 08:35.

Re: Other than caffeine...

I dont take caffeine either because it can really aggrivate my panic symptoms. I take Berrocca if I ever need a bit of a boost. Google them! They are excellent! They don't contain anything artificial, only high doses of vitamins and minerals. They make me feel great. Ashame they are slightly pricey!
    Bananas are a great natural source of energy as well as some slow release fibre products.
    You can always chug some lucazade down too!
    Hope these ideas help!

Thanks for that

Stating the obvious I know but do you do much exercise? Even a small amount of decent exercise everyday can wake you up no end.

I see from your other posts you are getting out and about so get that ipod on and try a fast walk for 20-30 minutes when you get up and need to get stuff done. It will wake you up no end

If I wake up feeling pants the first thing I try and do it chuck my headphones on and take the dog out. Somedays it is a struggle but it helps no end.

You are doing yourself a world of good by avoiding caffeine so try and find other ways. I only drink decaf tea now, I even avoid decaf coffee 'cos the chemicals they use to decaf it are nasty.

I do get excersize, I have dance lessons every Tuesday evening and go for walks around the park because I enjoy it

Thread Information