I have a mole on the side of my face on the cheekbone. Over the years it has occasionally become tender to the touch and then gone away in a day or so. This happened a month ago and for some reason I got really freaked over it. It tends to get red and can become a little raised. I went to the doctor and he took a good look at it and said it looked normal and not to worry. He also advised not to have it removed as it wasn’t small and would leave a scar.

I went away satisfied. Unfortunately it’s happened again—tender to the touch (i.e. brush of fingers etc) and is a little raised and the skin around it is a little red. I just want to say the redness is more on the surrounding skin and the colour of the mole remains unchanged (light brown).

I’m battling the urge to go back to the doctors so soon after having been told that it looks fine.

Does anyone else have a mole that gets irritated like this? My husband thinks it may be make-up irritating it or possibly something to do with one of the small hairs. What do you think?