Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doctor starting me on Sertaline

doctor starting me on Sertaline

Hi everyone..

I have been sufferin now with Agoraphobia for say 3 years. I have always said i would never go on meds but i have had enough of missing out on life as im 24. Doctor as put me on Sertaline hydrochloride. I have read articles on here and good and bad. I understand everyone is differant and side effects effect people in differant ways. Im just so scared of it making me wose as i have to work.

I just wondered if anyone could tell me what they know about this med whether it be good or bad. Many thanks and take care

Re: doctor starting me on Sertaline

Hi,
    I have been on Sertraline for 10 days,have major health anxiety.Since starting these I have felt so ill its unreal,horrendous nausea,achy limbs and its worrying more than before I started taking them.Going back to GP next week to try something else.

sorry to hear that laylag must be terrible. this is why im scared of taking it. thenyou got to come off them once your on. but im so frustrated with my life.

what are you taking it for??

Just take it and see what it does for you. Everyone is different, thats why there are many different types of meds.

Like I say to everyone, it could be just the thing that gets your life back on track. Do you really want to miss out on it?

If it makes things worse, then you can always stop. And you just phone into work and tell them what has happened.

With nearly all of the Meds out there, the Doctor warns that there maybe a few side effects to begin with.

This is because your body has to adapt to a new chemical in its system. This can take a few days or a few weeks. But it will balance itself out.

Stay positive and give it a chance.

Hi there

Just to reasssure you kind of anyway - I have been on meds for 12 yrs and its trial and error till you find the right one BUT... the side effects can be horrific in the beginning. BUT... they do go away they are not permanent and it shows the meds are going onto your system - As Jason says you can always stop them but Laylag I would persevere for at lease 2-3 more weeks and 50cent I would start the meds and persevere for a few weeks - just from experience you need to give it time - keeo busy when you get the side effects and hopefully they will go - you wont even realise the side effects have gone you will just all of a sudden realise you are doing more things

with love

Hi

I started these meds about 3 months ago. I was petrified of starting them as i had been on different meds and knew i could get side effects.

However, its the best thing i did. I did feel slightly more panicky and anxious for the first few days, but then it wore off and now i feel so much better than i was

love mandie x

Thanks everyboy for your replies it eans the world to me. il pick them up tommorow and start taking them i wil keep you posted. fingers crossed :-)

good luck

mandie x

Hi,
    I perservered on the Sertraline, have been on them for just over 2 weeks now and Im glad I did,the side effects have died down a little,still a bit nauseous but dont seem half as anxious as I was.I am taking them for Health Anxiety.

oh thats great. well i still not taken them yet i keep makin excuse. im soo cred :-(....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information