Thread: Escitalopram

Escitalopram

I'm looking for support can some please tell me these tablets will work. Its a living hel with them. I don't know what planet i'm on sometimes. I have this shorting in the brain in sleep n whilst awake sometimes and not here. I think i had it slightly begore medication but its worse now i've took tabs 5mg for three days now . Will it get better can't even think straight

hiya,
    I remember speaking to you in chat the other night.. sorry it hasn't got better but it does get worse before it gets better. I would definately say hang in there but if you can't stand it, please see your GP before the end of the week and discuss it. It will make you feel so much better and put your mind at rest. Most AD's exacerbate your symptoms at the beginning before you find some relief from them.
    Take care honey,
    Lisa
    xxx

Thankyou lisa. I just feel numb and spacy its taking me like 10 mins to regiter things sometimes. Have you experienced anything like it and no appetite. I feel such a baby but when on your own its worse

i know its horrible on your own... try phoing no panic, i did when i thought i was losing it and they really calmed me down.. I definately lost my appetite and lost a lot of weight. you must try and eat something though to keep your strength up. try some soup. I managed a banana every morning to keep my strenght going.
    you're not a baby!

Lisa
    xxx

They definitely work suzuki. Your head is most likely feeling a bit iffy because you started at 10mg and then dropped to 5mg. You will start to feel a bit better soon. It's usually a couple of weeks until the side effects die down. I had 5mg for 4 weeks and now in my 3rd week at 10mg and over the past 2 or 3 days I've noticed a marked improvement in how I feel towards coping with things. I would have classed my anxiety as severe for at LEAST 5 months but I'm now starting to handle it a bit better.

Hope this helps!

Mark x

They will work eventually, once you get over the horrible bit. Hang in there..

Thread Information