Thread: How to get myself back?

Lightbulb How to get myself back?

Hi,

I feel a mixture of hope and despair, so i'm not sure which to take on board. Just over a week ago i had a major panic attack and i had to be taken home in an ambulance. That shook me a lot, but i made the decision to get on with things and sort things out. I have a clearer idea in my mind about what i need to do, but i'm just having a hard time putting those plans into action.

I could sit here and explain exactly what's going wrong in my mind and exactly what i need to do to fix that. However, i can't action that. I just can't change my thoughts. Maybe i need to give it more time, but every time i try to make my changes, something happens to knock me back a bit.

Essentially, i need something to kickstart my confidence. That's where the good things start to happen. All it takes it one very good experience and you're set up (that's my tip for all those who need help).

Anyway, that's what's happening with me and i want so desperately to get back to where i was a few months ago.

Gregor

Re: How to get myself back?

Hi Gregor

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I am going through a similar time myself. Sometimes I can get past the thoughts and sometimes not. When I'm having a bad day I just try to tell myself that these are only thoughts, not facts and it's just my mind playing tricks because I'm anxious. I have to tell myself quite a few times but eventually it does help. If I can feel calm for just 5 minutes I try and build on that. I know it's hard but you'll come through it in the end - that's what everyone keeps telling me anyway!

Good luck xx

Thread Information