Thread: "End of Summer" anxiety?

"End of Summer" anxiety?

Not sure if this is the right section on the forum to place this on, but here goes.

I've been off work (Planning Department at my local Council) for 10 weeks due to stress, which turned into anxiety (almost constant!) which led to depression.

I've had a few good days and a few bad days, which I consider to be "normal" for nearly everyone, and thankfully I am nowhere near the state of gibbering wreckedness I was back in July. One thing that has come out of my time off is the fact that for the first time in years I sat out in the garden at every opportunity - usually I would have come home from work and either flopped infront of the tv or used my computer. I've kind of got addicted to the sun, what little we have had of it this summer.

This past weekend we finally put our garden hammock away into the shed, and I started getting a bit anxious/depressed thinking "I've got to put up with 4-5 months of miserable darkness" and I almost felt a bit tearful!

Short of moving to the Bahama's, I don't know how to remedy this horrible feeling. Are those SAD lights any good, because I might invest in one for my room or something.

Cheers,
    Al

Re: "End of Summer" anxiety?

I know how you feel, I hate winter!! I feel like I have missed the whole summer this year 'cos I have been ill since march and only really getting back on my feet now.

I was also looking at the SAD boxes but they seem quite expensive and I don't really know enough about them to spend that sort of money.

Thread Information