Thread: Helping others

Helping others

Hi all,
    I am new to this sort of thing so i guess i will give you a brief on myself and then maybe can get to say that I really am terrible at spelling dispite being a writer. I guess we all have our cross to bare. :}
    Anyway I dont feel that my writing will benifet anyone but I will explain how I got into it and how it has really changed my like. Maybe that way I can draw a picture of myself that will allow others to accept my advice in a more relaxed and easy way.

I am 42 years old I live in Belfast Northern Ireland with my East German partner. She is for me a soul mate and has helped me open many doors.

Ok well. To keep this story short, otherwise i will start "working" I was married for 15 years and we had 3 daughters. they are now 16, 13 and 5. I split from my ex wife 2 years ago. I could say she had an afair and this was the reason but you know, we both created the problem. we stopped listening to each other.

So I now find myself living with my partner and my daughters come stay with us every friday night which is a special time. I only discovered my ability to write out of the turmoil of the marrage break up and meeting my partner. I also lost my business a company i had built up. It seemed, like the song, "i had to fall and lose it all to get what I wanted"

The writing really is now starting to kick off and my old job as a security advisor is not as important anymore. I hope soon to pay the bills doing what i love. Writing.

So I am and have been from as far back as i can remember a healer
    I dont know the best way to explain it nor do i expect you to believe any of what I say. I only can offer to help you and you decide if i help. I can heal from a distance I dont need to meet you. I do need to know what it is you have.
    I am no Jesus Christ nor do i profess to be but I can only say I have been given a gift that may help a few in some small way.

Anyway thats all I will say for now and I hope over the coming days I can get to know you all and we can learn the art of helping others.

Abacus01b

Re: Helping others

Hi and welcome to the site, in a society that is mainly me, me, me, it is nice to hear of someone who is caring enough to think of helping others despite their own problems. Personally i am still in the mind set of there must be a physical or hormone related reason for my problems (agoraphobia and panic attacks) as i can't get my head round the fact that i could be making myself feel this ill on purpose!!! but i also believe that the mind is a very powerfull thing and that positive thinking is the way forward for me - i am just not very good at putting it in to practise. Well done on the writing career, it is something i have thought about for years, i love books and reading and spend hours in my local library of an evening, i like the quiet calm atmosphere it is very relaxing. Good luck with the gift and you will definately have your work cut out for you on here- lol.

Jacqui xxx

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Thank you Jacqui for the very welcoming and kind words. Its great to find a place online where people are people and dont hide behind the screen allowing ther ego to talk.

I hear what your saying about the mind stuff andI totally agree in regard to it not being so easy to be positive let alone creating a situation wereby the mind heals the body.

I guess the best advise i can offer regarding your outlook in life is this, "remember that with great love and positive happenings in life, big risks are required".

I discovered over the past 4 years, which have been for me the most terrible years and sad times missing my 3 daughters that in giving up and loosing alot of thing. I actually put into being a new way and better existance.

Many times I was down and didnt feel at all positive dispite a loving new partner and the gift I mention I have. I was not able to heal myself! but one thing i did do was i took a jump out of my comfort zone at a time when i was actually at my weakest.

I programmed my mind to believe that I had nothing to loose. I was not going to survive mentally or financialy the way i was so if i jumped i calculated that i had at least a 50% chance that I would see a new way and change.

They best way I can discrip this kind of mind conditioning is. Remember when you were a kid and you watched all the other kids climb the step of the big slide and then scream as they slid down to the bottom. Their eyes filled with the fear of enjoyment.
    And all the time you really wanted to be like them and reach the same hight on that slide and experance the jump but couldnt bring yourself to do it!

Then one day yoou pluck up enough courage to walk to the bottom of the stepps and once you do so you are right away pushed on my the other kids up each step. All the way you white knuckle it to the top. Now you have joined the team and are being pusedd up reluctantly.
    You reach the top and freeze!!!

Behind you they are should for you to go. but you clutch the bars and with every shout from behind become more nervous yet a little closer to jumping.
    Then finally the racket behind gets to much and your pride kicks in along with the feeling i am talking about "i cant stay here i cant go back, if i jump i may be hurt but most likly will have a rush"

Finally you sit down and before u can decide u are pushed.

The rush is "total and you speed down that slipway to the bottom the butterflies turn to "enjoyment of fear" Well...
    Its at that moment you realise this has changed my perspective. Its at that moment as long as u dont stop too think it over you would go right up there and want to do the same thing again this time with no worries just the fear of enjoyment.

So sometime you gotta decide in life. This has gone so far i cant go back i cant sit here forever. and even if i try to i will be pushed. So you jump and experance with enjoyment to one thing that held you back. "fear".

Anyway please let me know exactly what illness you have and maybe we can find a way over it.
    Who knows you might just learn something!!

HI just wanted to say a warm welcome to the site....hope to speak soon...xx

Hi abacus

Welcome to NMP.

I hope you make some lovely friends here

Lisa
    xxx

Thanks Titch thanks lisa. I appreciate your welcome. I also hope to tall too you soon. Maybe share with you some of my writing maybe poetry which is usually addressing thoughts related to this sites topic.

Maybe get some feed back so i know how crappy i am lol.

Abacus01b

hi abacus, i a healer to although 'why?' maybe because i can help others. Recently i have had to let another lead me to healing. All good. Hope you find what you need here and others can learn from you.

If you can heal me from over-eating, I would be much appreciative.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Thread Information