Thread: Can anyone help me?

Can anyone help me?

Hi All,

I am a third year psychology student at a university in Birmingham. I have just completed a 12 month placement, working with individuals who experience hearing voices. I am very aware that services provided for these individuals can be extremely 'medical minded'. Although I am aware that drugs do offer many people help and relief, I am interested in a more accepting and understanding approach. I have been very engaged by the work of Marius Romme.

I am looking for people who would be willing to discuss their experiences of hearing voices; their ideas of what causes them, where they come from, the impact they have on their daily lives and relationships and also their coping strategies and experiences of services.

If anyone feels they may be able to help me, I would be extremely grateful. I really do want to gain a deeper understanding, and hopefully pass this understanding on to others.

Please email me venablek@aston.ac.uk.#

Thank you, Kate.

Re: Can anyone help me?

Katie

I will move your thread to Media/reserch intersets. You should get more replies there.

Good luck
    Lisa
    x

Thread Information