Thread: Please help - throat issues

Please help - throat issues

Does anyone else have a really sore throat after a panic attack? I had a panic attack (my first) last night and it was horrible. Felt like I could not breathe, catch my breath and seriously panicked. My partner managed to calm me down but throat was so tense and still is really really sore.

Today I cant swallow properly and feels like something is stuck and all tense and like my throat is all swollen and closing up and I am scared of having another attack at work. I found something on internet think i might have
    Globus sensation anyone else suffer from this? Also sorry for asking all questions all the time but finding today really difficult and i scared about all this new stuff happening to me.

Any advice?

S xxx

Re: Please help - throat issues

hey sarah i have never heard of what u think u have but i can say that what u describe happens to me its just classic anxiety i think there are lots of us that suffer from this so you are not alone i hope this is reassuring for you

lee xx

just wanted to add, if its any reassurance to you..whenever i am on the cusp of a panic attack or have even the slightest anxiety my ability to swallow properly is affected. It seems to be a classic sympton of anxiety and one which many members of this forum can relate to and understand. The minute i feel anxious, my ability to swallow or eat or drink is affected and it stays like this for hours afterwards.

My throat feels like closing up when I am anxious. I even have trouble swallowing, but when I calm down it goes away.
    Blessings,
    Sheryl

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Thanks everyone. You are all so kind and lovely. None of us deserve this!

Throat much better today - I have found distraction good and also sucking fruit gums seems to help as its something to focus on.

Happy Friday everyone

Yeah i concurr with a few others here that even if i wear loose clothing around my neck area, if i have an attack or pre-warning my throat seems suffocated.

Does this always happen to you Sarah or is it infrequent?

CONS

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Well I just had my first attack on tuesday and the main part of it was feeling like my throat was swellingup and I couldnt breathe. The day after I was obsessed with swallowing to make sure i could still breathe and my neck felt all tense.

Since I have calmed down its only a little bit tense but I am more aware of my throat and breathing etc. So I am not sure how often this willhappen but it is definately getting better after a few days which is good.

Sx

Thread Information