Thread: Advice needed please.....

Advice needed please.....

Hi All,

Hope you are all ok.

I was just wondering if any of you could let me know how you cope with your attacks, as I really want to come off my medication, I'm doped up to the eyeballs. Some days I don't know if i'm coming or going...

Thanks
    Lou

Re: Advice needed please.....

Hello Lou,

I have some "techniques" that i use to cope with panic attacks.

First I force myself to relax, or try lol.
    Second Ill try to get my mind off it, drawing, writing and painting.
    Third Im on meds, and take Xanax when Its a bad attack.

hope that helps.

I have never taken meds because of that reason. I have seen too many people lose who they are and can only cope when on them. I always felt like I could do this with the help of friends and family and so far so good. I listen to music when I get really panicked or I read or just lay there and let my mind go for it. I once was told that I should take meds to have a fighting chance at letting my body rest. I am high strung naturally so that would have been nice but the side effects werent for me. I have been doing great for the last 5 months. I still have days where I want to go to bed and just lay there but I have learned not to fight it and it will go away once you no longer fear it. I know some people have to take meds but it is a personal choice. I hope this helps, write me if I can help. Take care and know that this can be beaten.

Smile Re: Advice needed please.....

Hello Lou,
    I have never taken any meds, just simply because im frightened of taking pills, not for any other reason.
    I have experienced recovery, just going through a bit of a relapse at the moment. So im a little wiser at dealing with it this time around.
    What helped me very very much, was relaxation on my MP3, every day for about an hour, its difficult at first, but it definately pays off when you master it.
    Also what helped me, is reading up and understanding the whole illness, so always knoe why, what is happening to you when it does. "that doesnt mean googling any symptoms !" a big NO NO
    And then after that, the famous words, feel the fear and do it anyway, except with all the learning, you give your self the tools of understanding.
    I know its all easier said than done, and this may have only worked for me, and it sounds very simple, but why make it anymore complicated if you dont have to.
    The relaxation really gives your brain and body a rest, which then gives you energy to tackle the reading and understanding.
    Hope you get lots of good advice and start to recover soon Chick,

Tae care

Hi All,

Thank you for the advice, I will give them all a go. Fingers crossed they will work for me.

Take care

Lou xx

Thread Information