Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate for Comfort

Post Desperate for Comfort

WARNING
    my spelling sucks

hey for about 3 weeks now.. i have had this little sore area inside my cheek next to my top back teeth.. it dosent even hurt its just a little bump but the area around it just looks abit weird i really dont know how to describe it.. if it was just the little lump i could easily say its just a mucocele. but the area that its in just looks different compared to the other side of my mouth. i have had it for 3 weeks and have not been able to see a doctor. i think i can see a doctor in a few days but im just so scared... im afraide it can be cancer or somthing.. i am so scared right now i cant stop shaking i havent slept in 3 days.. i dont know what to do.. please im so scared.. ive had this for 3 weeks! i thought it would be gone by now i dont drink i have smoked in the past but not for a year or 2!.. im not letting my family know how bad its bothering me because they dont understand what i go threw.. i will go see the doctor.. but i have no clue what to do untill then.. im freaking out i cant eat i cant sleep.. i dont know what to do.. cancer is my worst fear.. and this thing looks weird i have no clue what it is.. ive used mouth wash ive used salt water ive left it alone for a week.. and its still there!!!! .. im sorry for all of this.. i just dont know what else to do.. i really dont. you guys are the only ones that will understand what im going threw i wish i just new a way to calm myself down for the time being.. its in my head that i have mouth cancer and im going to die.. and im just so depressed and sad.. i dont know what to do.

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Re: Desperate for Comfort

Hey Malv, sorry you're having a bad time at the mo... I know how you feel, constantly freaking out about moles and nodes and sometimes at nothing at all. Today I became convinced I was going to get breast cancer, I don't even have a lump - ridiculous, eh?

Our mouths are sensitive things and it's very easy to get a little injury or irritation in there. When you say it looks different, do you mean it's a different colour, or texture? Smoother or rougher than the surrounding area?

Unhappy Re: Desperate for Comfort

there are little spots in the same area under my skin it kind of looks like liquid its all under my skin and it not bumpy or anything its smooth. i could say it looks infected.. but it dosent hurt at all.. i dont know what it is.. because i havent been able to see a doctor .. i have been googleing and i know i shouldnt.. but ive been wanting to know whats going on with me.. im scared.. (now im sure i have cancer) google didnt help very much the only thing that sounds and looks like what i have in my mouth is a Mucocele except for the weird stuff in the area of the lump.. besides that one lump i say looks like Mucocele the skin of my mouth is smooth just the area around it looks weird a i know im going to have to see a doctor .. i just dont know how to cope atm.. im sure there s somthing seriously wrong with me.. it should have been gone by now

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Any chance you could get an emergency dental appointment, even if you paid for it? Dentists are as well qualified to recognise problems in the mouth as doctors are, if not better. Might be worth paying if only to get some peace of mind.

The liquid look you descibe doesn't sound like a tumour to me, it sounds more like a mucocele which is what I think that you think it is in the non-anxious part of your mind... I don't know much about mucolele but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be spotty. Mouth cancer is very unusual in someone your age (I know what it says on wikipedia but it's still really rare ). There's a scary mouth cancer anti-smoking advert running in Australia at the moment, isn't there, or has been recently? Could that be playing on your mind? If you can't get to see a doctor in the next week or so, maybe try a dentist, as mudskipper suggests? Try not to worry, I know it's really hard. It really doesn't sound like mouth cancer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Any chance you could get an emergency dental appointment, even if you paid for it? Dentists are as well qualified to recognise problems in the mouth as doctors are, if not better. Might be worth paying if only to get some peace of mind.

Im from America and have been living in australia for acouple of years.. my visa is almost complete.. how ever atm it costs me heaps... if i were to go to the denist this week we would not be able to aford groceries.. money is very tight atm im still paying to get stuff for imigration as well.. i would pay to see a dentist if i could but i really cant.. i just dont have the money. i have found a doctor i can see for a reasonable price.. still im worried ofcourse..

thank you all for saying somthing.. im still very panicy and tired and would really love to have someone to talk to that understands :( .. please feel free to leave me a comment .. i just really need some suport right now

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

OK, so you're going to the docs soon. That's good as you will get some reassurance and treatment for your mouth bump (if it is a mucocele then it sounds like treatment is usually either to let it go away by itself or is otherwise quite straightforward).

Until then, try not to worry, honey. I know it's hard - I wish I could make myself not to do it! Distraction is the thing that usually works best for me - occupying my mind with something else and resisting the temptation to constantly poke at and check whichever bit of my body I'm convinced is diseased this week. Look at it this way - whatever it is, thinking about it, poking it, looking at it, fretting that it might be cancer - won't make any difference to the bump. Leave it alone until you go to the docs and think about something else. Hugs

Stop worrying, we all have lumps and bumps in our mouths one time or another but if they all turned out to be cancer, well the hospitals would be inundated with patients having treatment. It will probably turn out to be something completely harmless and you will have worried for nothing. Calm down and get some sleep the lack of that can make you feel grotty.

Thank you to those who took the time to reply to this .. this isnt easy for me. thank you.

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Quote Originally Posted by Malv View Post
    Thank you to those who took the time to reply to this .. this isnt easy for me. thank you.

We know as we all have the same tiring disease.. I'm sure you can go to the walk in clinic (a&e at a hospital, speak to triage) and explain your freaking out, you will have to wait for a few hours but it's worth it, have you ever been treated for anxiety ???

Do you have medicare??? I think you are entitled, you should find out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information