Thread: Feeling terrible

Feeling terrible

Two weeks ago I was planning to go to University and me and my boyfriend were planning to move in November. He had been off with me for a few days. I was having panic attacks regularly but I was controlling them. Then my boyfriend broke up with me. We had lived together for almost 3 years and been known each other for 10 years. Whilst I knew things weren't great I didn't expect him to end it.

This was 2 weeks ago and he hasn't been in touch since, though I have called him a couple of times. The first week after was a blur, that night I packed a bag of things and left my flat not to return again. My friends collected the rest of my belongings which are currently scattered between 4 houses. I lived between friends houses for a week. Then another friend of mine gave me her keys and I moved into her mum's room. She and her mum are currently away.

Now I can't eat, have fitful sleep, can't concentrate on anything, don't feel like talking and don't feel like doing anything much. I just about manage to get myself into work which is part time. I spent last night on my own in my friends house and had the worst nightmare. It felt so real, I dreamt I was trapped in her house, people were standing at her door and I couldn't find my phone or the light switch. I managed to wake up out of it and called my mum then I went back to sleep.

The dream felt so close to reality I felt like I wasn't sure what was and wasn't real. This really scares me. I feel like a reck today, exhausted and not really with it. I am terrified of everything.

Help....

Re: Feeling terrible

Awh honey, i really feel for you. My ex-boyfriend left me because he couldn't accept my anxiety disorder and was embarrased by it. One day he just walked in and said "I want to be single" and two weeks later he is in a relationship with a girl who i thought was my friend. He could never get over the fact that i wasn't perfect enough for him, so by all accounts i am now very glad it is over.

I know it feels terrible now, frightening and confused. But it will get better. Without you even realising you will be getting on with your life, be laughing again and your anxiety will lessen.

Try to sleep as best you can, make sure what you do eat is good for you. And don't forget the chocolate It will get better i promise!

Best of luck

Angel x

Re: Feeling terrible

Hi M - you've had a shock and your mind and body will need to adjust to the sudden change in your life and to the emotional upheaval. Maybe someone could come and stay with you for a night or two? Or could you just talk to your mum on the phone before you go to bed? It's tough being alone when you're going through something emotionally stressful. Be patient with yourself, talk to your mates and your mum about how you feel, let yourself grieve for the lost relationship. Best of luck and hugs

Thread Information