Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Night panic

Does anyone remember any dreams beforehand? I don't. Just wake up in a panic.

Thanks Charlie, will look for your post on this, and Sara I too like you do not dream just wake up in a panic. Not sure why????? Take care things will get better. I mean they have too right, feeling the way we do can not get any worse I hope!!!!!

Diana xxx

Hi Sara

I dream really vivid dreams every night. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Have done for years so I dont associate it with the panic.

Sarah
    xx

Hi Sarah

I always remember my dreams and mine too are very vivid. Most of the time I dream good things but have had a few really real yet scary ones which have woke me up in such a panic.

I studied sleep and dreams as part of my university course. We all dream at night but there are different sleep stages and depending on when we wake up throughout these stages will determine if we remember our dreams (I think thats right, it was a few years ago I studied this)

sadie

I looked this up and apparently when you wake up with panic you are not waking from dream sleep but from a deep sleep which is when it occurs.

I also have very very vivid dreams, they are usually quite innocous but sometimes they are horrible. I dream things like my mum is telling me she doesn't love me and I am hysterically crying, or everyone at work says they dont want me thereand i am useless, things like that.

Get this though, when I was younger I used to dream someone was chasing me with a needle filled with the HIV virus!!!! Weird or what?[:0][:0]

Emily

Heh Emily

that is definetly quite weird..you can find out what your dreams mean, I think there is a book which has different meanings for all kinds of dreams..I wonder what yours means.

I would hate to find out what some of my would actually mean. Although when I was younger I used to dream of spiders and snakes quite alot..that they were all over my bedroom floor and I couldnt get out. Apparently dreams of spiders means you need 'encouragement'. I did however recall a dream when I went to school with no clothes on!! I think enough said.

Take care

sadie

I sometimes wake at 3am or 4am into a kind of fugue state, half-way between being asleep and awake. This can make me anxious as things feel not "quite right" mentally. I can then escalate myself into a panic attack if I'm not careful. Best solutions have been to learn to relax and drift back off, or to get up and try to wake up completely before going back to bed. Recently I've consoled myself in the wee small hours with the thought that many of the people posting to this forum might be in the same state as I am, and I find that quite comforting.

Jim

Hiya Emily and Sadie,

Wow!!! you guys really do dream don`t you? I have also had a few very scary ones, one time about my son being killed, and another about one of my daughters dying. Like you said Emily I was hysterically crying. Even when I woke up my eyes were wet. The dream about the needle with the HIV virus is quite scary and (weird)!!!! I wonder what that means???? I also had a dream once that I was looking in the bathroom mirror and all of my teeth were falling out. That`s weird huh??? I`m not sure if we really want to know what these dreams mean. LOL.............. Funny Sadie about the going to school with no clothes. LOL........ That was either very liberating or very humiliating, funny!!!!

Diana xxx

Hiya Jim,

I also do the same thing, and how weird I also seem to wake between 3-4 am. That`s interesting I think!!!! I wonder what it is about 3-4 am? That is usually when I have had my worse anxiety/panic attacks. Weird ey????

Diana xxx

A spiritual healer I worked with said that real night panics were to do with the subconcious trying to sort itself out.

Early on, a couple of clients only had night panics and apart from coping skills once they were startled awake I didn't have the answers for them as I've not had one so I referred them on to her. Both now are fine - without panic .Her explantations were subconcious stuff, one was to do with a twin dying at birth and another to do the Mum's attitude all their life and how this girl was singled out constantly.

They were not always associated with vivid dreams though when they were some analagies could be drawn but they didn't dream of the events themselves.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information