Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulse taking during ectopic episodes~stupid me

Pulse taking during ectopic episodes~stupid me

Just a question..... what does your pulse do when your having ectopics.... my pulse will actually miss a beat.... but whilst it's missing from my pulse it is beating from another area of my heart.... am I alone in this ...when i have an attack of them I have a terrible habbit of taking my pulse and freaking my self out as when im having a bad attack i can beat miss beat miss beat miss.............. please give me some feedback on this ectopic freinds LOL xxx

Re: Pulse taking during ectopic episodes~stupid me

i used to check my pulse several times a day... i hardly ever do it now, as it was becoming a bit of an obsession and making me more worried.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Hi Rach, yes i can feel the ectopics in my pulse too, but like daz i dont check it really these days. Not sure what you mean by the missing beat is in your pulse but you can feel it beating in another part of yout heart? C xxxx

what i mean is whilst it is missing in my pulse it isnt missing in my chest... the heart flutters but the pulse misses xxx

Oh yes i know what you mean now, and ive had occasions at the docs when ive said to him that i might not have felt the ectopics for a week but when he takes my bp he can see a few of them in the pulse on the machine, yet i havent felt them. These are about the only times i feel like a 'normal' person, who gets them but cant feel them happening in the heart.

We can ruminate about them till the cows come home cant we? xxxx

Hi Rachel - I know what you mean, I feel that too when I take my pulse while having ectopics. Apparently when you have a premature or extra beat (an ectopic), you can't always feel the beat in your pulse because it isn't strong enough to produce the pressure wave that causes a pulse. So you might still feel your heart beat but not feel it in your pulse. Freaks me out too. I often get that fluttery sensation in my chest when I have ectopics, and I can feel some of the extra beats and the "missed" beats in my pulse. I probably shouldn't take my pulse when I get ectopics because it always weirds me out .

Yes i get these all the time and find i check my pulse several times a day, stupidly i know this doesn't help but its a habit bordering on obsession.

I get the weak pulse whereas i cant feel my heart with my palm or even 2 fingers on my throat and i get the flutter as you described and as a bonus i get a triple now and again that is simply freaky.

Hard work when this varies daily, really need to stop monitoring myself so much, but isn't that in itself part and parcel of our disorder?

CONS

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Phew... Thank God im not on me own and we are all still breathing and pulsating away ... we will be the ones that will live to be about 110!!! ,,, Ill prob still be on ere panickin LOL...thanks guys for your replies xxxx

LOL STILL ON HERE PANICKIN !!

Made me smile +1 karma for you,

CONS

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

hi rach
    yes i can feel my heart missing beats when i check my pulse too. and i have a very bad habit of that especially at night in bed. i used to check my pulse constantly but now it seem just at night.
    love debera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information