Thread: Norethisterone

Norethisterone

Hiya everyone

I am on day 2 of starting norethisterone which my doctor prescribed to alleviate my symptoms of pre menstrual dyshoria which i have been suffering with since around January. I was taken of the min pill (mercilon) back in DEC as my BP shot up & since my body has gone up the creek. Around 14days before my period my anxiety goes through the roof, my mood very low (crying sadness) & the edgy panicky feeling many of you experience daily- which she also thinks could be early menopause (at 26 grrr) despite the confirmation of the blood test which she feels may not be reliable this early on. She said she is going on her own experience as a gynecologist.

I recently within the last 4 months have decided that i would self medicate with Vitamin B, evening primrose, & 5htp which have helped, as i hated the thought of my body being pumped with synthetic meds. However after a tough month i have decided to give the norethisterone a try..what have i too loose???

She has prescribed me 5mg twice daily which i was very reluctant to take due to the nasty side effects progesterone can give you (weight gain, high bp, migraines, and clots) however i thought for my own sanity i have to.

I was wondering if any of you ladies take this with good effect? Has it improved your monthlies? Or have you experienced problems i should maybe look out for??

Many thanks
    Nic x

Lightbulb Re: Norethisterone

Hey!

I`ve only just found this post! I`m on Norethisterone and have been for 2 years. I have to take 1 pill 3 times a day on the 19th day of my cycle for 8 days! Complicated so I have to put this all on my calendar!
    When I discussed symptoms with my GP he said I was to young (36) for the menopause but I am thinking about getting a second opinion!
    2 weeks leading up to my period I sometimes have a migraine, night sweats and pins and needles in one of my hands. Sometimes also feelings of depression and dread which I take Prozac for.
    As soon as I get a second opinion I will let you know.

Take care

Tanya xx

Thread Information