Thread: does a death start an attack off?

does a death start an attack off?

hi every one.
    i have been having attacks, if that what you call them,for two years,i find that if i stop worrying i fine,but its not easy with the
    crowds and every one rushing everywhere,i try to keep away from doctors because i do not think they understand what panic attacks are
    nor does any one else unless they have had them,ive just had four family members very ill on me at the moment,and two very close have friends died which started my attacks off again,the year before last,
    i was fine ,i also have exams at the moment,which perhaps i am worrying about
    [:I][:I][8D]bishop

Hi Bishop

You are probably more susceptible to anxiety / panic when you are stressed and to have all that going on is probably more than a healthy person could handle. I definitely get worse when I am stressed.

I hope things ease for you soon and good luck with the exams

Nic

Yeah I've read plenty of stories where people develop panic attacks or if they already have them they can get worse when someone u know dies.

I had my first panic attack 3 days after my Dad died. Thereafter I had a really **** 2002 with 13 other deaths of family, friends, colleagues etc and although I had several other panic attacks these have now subsided - eventually - to waves of moderate anxiety.

It's hard work but the sooner you realized they were panic/anxiety and started working with it rather than against it things do improve. I'm not 100% yet but slowly am geting there...[)]

It's hard work but the sooner you realized they were panic/anxiety and started working with it rather than against it things do improve. I'm not 100% yet but slowly am geting there...[)]
    [/quote]

I agree with that- for ages I thought it was me being ' weird' but now I have spoken to peope about it- I realise I am not alone- and it has helped me. I also suffer mainly from waves of anxiety now, especially in social settings.
    Glad you are so positive, Radar.
    love Joanne

its nice to know im not the only one,sometimes i think im in a boat on my own, but someone forgot to give me the oars to the boat,

every time I hear of a death of someone I know, I go into a panic. especially if the person was young and died of a disease. I start thinking I could have it and I dwell on it.I think its pretty common with anyone who has anxiety. Its our fear of dying.

Thread Information