Thread: ECG's

ECG's

I have had about 4 of these and was told all ok each time. How often should you have ECG's ..does it mean my heart is ok forever? Why do i suddenly think its my heart everytime I get a pain and dizzyness?

Cheers

Hi Ed
    i think it's always easy in our situation to belive it's heart problems rather than anxiety, simply because we find it hard to belive that anxiety can cause so many problems and pain.
    As for the ECG's 4 is quite a lot to have so i guess your doc is trying to reassure you that there doesn't seem to be a problem with your heart (i have had 3 so i know your fear well, mine were all ok as well), and if you have had one recently and it was all good, then i would try and put your trust in that and realise that anxiety does make us suffer in some terrible ways, try some of the relaxation methods etc and see if that helps calm the fear and worry.
    I have taken on board the advice of people who suffer on here and it has helped me tremendously, have a good look through some of the other posts and see if you can gain some comfort from them.

Hope this helps
    take care
    Sharon xxxxx

thanks

If you have had that many and the results have been fine then you have nothing to worry about!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Edster

Many people never have ECG's.

If they've all been fine then your heart is healthy in rhythm, rate and oxygenation. Great news.

Read the health anxiety page from the home page for possible reasons

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information