3 5.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: :: News Broadcasting Poll ::

Re: :: News Broadcasting Poll ::

Franz

Well said my sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by katie76 View Post
    Not all Media tell's it how it is though, which is why it's best to gain knowledge from different sources, can all be kind of like chinese whispers. Am I allowed to say that ? lol (sorry if I've offended anyone re; the Chinese Whispers).
    Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday, and perhaps didn't state my case very sensitively.
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday, and perhaps didn't state my case very sensitively.
    Lol,..No worries, it's only a discussion about the News and Media. It's not the end of the world .

Hoping you feel alittle better today.

Take it easy Franz
    Last edited by Oceanblue; 29-10-08 at 17:00.

Franz

I know what you mean about the lack of sensitivity cos I do it on here sometimes then regret it. However, what you said was, to me anyway quite right.

I do feel deeply for those who are affected by certain issues on the news and it's awful for them but personally I do think you can just avoid the news if you so wish.

As Katie said it's only a discussion anyway lol.

I do avoid watching the news because for me it does set my anxiety off and I just can't handle it. Most of the time it is nothing but horrible stories and I'm talking local, national and international. Some of our local newscasters actually lean forward when they are telling gruesome details almost as if they are saying "come closer folks, we have some real gory details tonight!" For me not watching works and I will admit I get most of what I need to know from my husband, friends and when I sign onto the computer.

As far as the poll goes, I think they should only warn if bodies are going to be shown or something to that effect and over here they normally do warn mostly for children's sake. I voted that the news should be the news but have now changed my mind.

Laura

Ok CONS - Made up my mind .

Have clicked the 'Maybe only on the serious events' option. The reason being is, although I do feel that the News is pretty good with warnings, I think for all those who are feeling quite ill and vulnerable, like I once was (and so can understand), then those warnings should be made alittle more frequent.

Warning here is the news?

Feck me, if you are going to do that, I want a warning before X factor, that crap is much more disturbing.

People will watch any old rubbish, but the news is important, but hey, last time I looked TV's had off buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post

People will watch any old rubbish, but the news is important, but hey, last time I looked TV's had off buttons
    Pmsl. I couldn't give a sh-ite about XFactor either.

But,...righto Jaco. Cam d'own, Cam d'own with the button business re: The News,... that is what they say up north 'innit'?
    Last edited by Oceanblue; 29-10-08 at 22:18.

They already warn you if a news item is going to be distressing..

The News is already heavily censored... I think what we view on TV is pretty tame and done quite sensitively most of the time.

wow before chiming in can i just ask, do the british newsmen still have that bad poofy hair they used to have in 95?

anyway if there's one thing about the news that bothers me is i can't watch any of it with my kids, because you never know when they're going to switch gears from a nice community activism story to a '3 people are dead tonight following a collision at a traffic light...' or some stuff, with nice pictures of the smashed up cars. sure they warn you before showing dead bodies of soldiers, but disturbing is a relative term depending on the audience.

i certainly don't blame the news for my anxiety though. if anything, the worse the news about other people the safer i feel in my own house. until the home invasion segment, of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information