Thread: Ectopics and dizzy spells

Ectopics and dizzy spells

Hi all,

Just found this forum and it's great to see I'm not alone .

I'm 39 and been having ectopics for some yrs and been taking propranalol for 18 mths. But over the last 4 mths I have also been getting really bad dizzy spells, shortness of breath and being really drowsey, to the point I've been of sick now for 4 wks.

When I have a bad dizzy spell, it's like every thing is in slow motion and I feel like I'm in a dream, my breathing becomes slown and shallow, I also go very gray in my face and my eye sockets go very dark/black, then I feel very drowsey and just want to sleep and usually do, the last time[wed] I slept for 2 days on and off. I then feel really run down and still go dizzy a number of times through out the day for 1-2 wks later, then I think yeah I'm ok then I get another bad dizzy spell and I'm back to square one!!

I've been to the doc's and after blood test ect they are at a loss to what's causing them. The last one[wed] my husband rushed me to A&E, it scared him that much, but even they couldn't find what was wrong.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Eleanor xx

Re: Ectopics and dizzy spells

Hi Eleanor.

My guess is that it is a reaction to the meds. It is best not to take any meds if you can help it. Try magnesium instead, no nasty side effects.

Oh FYI you can develop reactions at any time while taking a medication, even if you've been on it for years. So I would see about getting off of it and see what happens.

Good luck!

Hi Kimmiepie,

Thanks for your reply, going back to the doc's on thurs so I will mention it to her.
    When the dizzy spells started my doc doubled my medication and they have become worse not better. So there could be a link.

Eleanor x

Smile Re: Ectopics and dizzy spells

Hi all,

Good new's I can go back to work tomorrow and the doc is going to start to reduce my meds .

Eleanor xx

Great news! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thread Information