Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm new!

Re: I'm new!

How powerfull they are depends on your bloodpressure at the moment Nothing dangerous, just natural. When your bloodpressure are higher, you feel them more distinct.
    If I have them when i exercise, stress with work or have sex, they can be so strong that I litterarily jump in my seat (or bed)

Hi guys - still getting these every day, some better than others - the notieceable ones probably about 5-10 a day - is that ok or a bad amount? Also have any of you had it where you can't feel them, but you feel your pulse and there are some ectopics? I seem to get a mix of ones I can feel ( thump, flutter etc) and ones that are "silent" - is that also bad?

Lastly (haha) I seem to get them when I *think* I am relaxed - out of nowhere! Not when exercise, or even when I am stressed/upset over something (altho went to a social event last Thurs and was nervous as on my own -it was for work- and got a whole run of them whilst talking to someone!! Not painful, but it wasa then I knew it was anxiety) - but I get them when sitting on sofa, watching tv!! I thought it was caused my anxiety, but when I get them like that I get scared it is something worse...

Miss L

Hi Miss L, I get most of mine when I'm just sitting around quietly or lying in bed feeling relaxed. This is quite common, I think. And yes, sometimes I can't feel the ectopic in my chest but can feel it in my pulse. I've read other posters say similar things too, or that they've had ectopics show up in ECGs but not felt them. That's not bad . Sometimes I get more than a dozen in a day, other days I only notice one or two.

They are freaky, but rest assured that loads of people on here get them. In fact I have read that pretty much everyone gets them sometimes, but not everyone notices.

Thanks LeeBee, thats reassuring.

As I think I said before, I have had a resting ECG and bloods and fine - have been thinking recently whether I should press for a 24hr one (my doc said not needed at the moment) or whether I should feel safe it is my anxiety? It is just that fear than something serious wasn't picked up, that's all - but I don't really have time to go to docs and the moment and tbh I don't really want to have to !

Miss L
    You said you had about 5 - 10 a day and was that a bad amount, well from what i was told about a week ago no thats not bad at all. I had a panic attack and i had to ring doctor and he was brilliant just chatted to me etc and i said about my ectopics that day and that i was getting them every minute. He then asked how many and it was like about 5 -8 and he said that was fine, he said anymore than 20 a minute then it would need looking into. So as long as he was right then 5 - 10 a day is nothing to worry about . But saying that even getting one can be scarey.
    You're not alone hun.
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxx

Thanks for that post Tracy - you've made me feel better too! More than 20 a minute, wow. I thought my occasional little clusters of them (4-5 in a minute) were bad!

10 a day is fine! I had over 2,000 in one day on my holter monitor...and have had all other tests...

You'll be fine.

Thanks guys! When I say 5-10 tho, they are the ones I can feel, I might have 1000's that I don't feel!

Oooh just had some more this morning - hardly ever get them in the mornings, I spose I was rushing. Anyone else feel like they can get stressed and not get them and then when they think they are fairly relaxed - bam, there they are!! I jusy worry that means they are something more sinister???

They just ruin my day when I get them - I think I am fine and they come and make me a mess again

If it's any comfort Miss L, I'm also having a terrible run of ectopics right now. I wonder if it's because I've been eating so irregularly the last couple of days (too early, too late, the wrong stuff). My heart's been fluttering and thumping and jumping and palpitating away in my chest since I finished my dance class a couple of hours ago. It's driving me CRAZY. I know I shouldn't think about it, if I just ignore it eventually it will stop. So easy to say, so hard to do! You have my sympathy Miss L. I'm right there with you .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information