Thread: Day 7 on 20mgs (after 12 days on 10mgs).

Day 7 on 20mgs (after 12 days on 10mgs).

Hi Everyone

I wanted to ask some advice on upping the doze.

For 12 days I took 10mgs of Citalopram (size effects were pretty rough - very hightened anxiety / nausea / shaking and various other things), I was just beginning to think that maybe the side effects would start to go soon and my Dr put me upto 20mgs, this is day 7 of being on 20mgs. I've had a few side effects since increasing the doze (upset tummy / spaced out) but today the hightened anxiety has really kicked in again.
    I'm feeling like I'm in hell today - one of my most awful side effects is stomach problems / difficulty swallowing / pain between the shoulder blades - and today I'm way off the deep end with it all again (cancer of the oesophagus .....), was at the Dr last night to get results of blood tests that were done last week - and everything came back normal - but that really hasn't done much to reassure me today.

Would it be normal for the heightened anxiety to kick in again after being on 20mgs for 7 days ?
    I had kind of hoped that the side effects I started with on 10mgs would be my worst !!

Many thanks for reading and any adice would be greatly appreciated.
    Shelly

Re: Day 7 on 20mgs (after 12 days on 10mgs).

Hi ShellyE,

I think what is happening is to be expected. I had an awful time on 10mg, then an awful time going up to 20 and now I have been put up to 30mg which was fine for a few days and then I have had an awful few days, it is just easing now.

The change in dose can make you feel awful but remember you can also have little blips when on citalopram.

I have had a few but they do get easier each time. If I am having a bad few days now I can still function quite well whereas before I could not function in anyway at all.

You have been on them 19 days now so you are well in and should start to settle down a lot soon. The big change for me came about week 4. Had a few great weeks until I had a bad blip and the dose was changed again.

Stick with it and keep smiling

hi shelly
    i hope your feeling better now, i'm following the same route, was 10mg for 6 weeks started to feel better but a blip last week set me back (lack of sleep i think contributed, wife ill) went to docs yesterday & upped me to 20, so hope they put me back on an even keel

good luck to you

Same her went to doctor she put my citalopram up from 20mg to 40mg I hard such a bad time starting these with anxiety pain in shoulder etc etc! I am too scared to take them now so I took 30mg yesterday and nothing worse yet! I hope ity stays that way. I think the doctors think its all part of the illness and not side effects. I told her I was scared to take a higher dose she said she did not think it would affect me again,

hi bumbles
    we have to be strong,these meds will work its just a crap time getting them into the system, must admit i am a bit jealous of people that dont seem to suffer side effects. (they worked at a lower dose but then something rocked it a bit, so its upped to set things right again)

good luck

Thread Information