Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panic survival kit!

Re: Panic survival kit!

Hi Choco,
    My survival kit use to be, My MP3 with positive thoughts, calming talks, how to deal with a panic attack talk. I use to also take my psp, sounds silly because i am 38 yrs old, but trying to brain training really really took my mind off things, having to add up very quickly ect.. I used to take a cold apple to chew through playing the game. Also a list of positive thoughts..
    I do say i use to take these things out with me, because i forget to take them now, it helped me so much i didnt need them anymore. So really good post from you, i hadnt realised how well i had done. This is some thing i had forgotton that i use to do oh so often, every time i went out, and used nearly every time i went out.
    Take care

When I'm feeling nervous I keep my phone with me at all times (so I can call my mum or an ambulance ) and my Ativan pills. I rarely use them but just knowing that they're there helps me keep calm.

Yes, i agree, rescue remedy - drops/spray or sweets. Neroli essential oil is also a good one for panic attacks , as is Ylang ylang - particularly good for palpitations/racing heart. I always have some of these around. If you can get to a kettle then some Valerian tea bags are good as well, don't taste that great but you could add honey/sugar.

Hey Phill2, i like your little quote - it is very true. Whilst we worry about our health life is passing us by. I once heard the saying, life is what happens while you are busy making other plans, I change it to life is what happens when i am busy worrying about my health. It is a waste of a life isn't it??

Meemo

hi all
    thanks for posts - its been really helpful to me and i hope lots of others too!
    choco x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information