Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone just watch the prog on Alistair Campbell's breakdown/depression?

Re: Did anyone just watch the prog on Alistair Campbell's breakdown/depression?

I read the article that Marcus Trescothick wrote in the paper (Mail on Sunday?) about 6 weeks ago. It was almost like I was reading about myself.

Except that I am crap at cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    Mate, Harrison Ford ain't no great mind
    And Alastair Campbell may or may not be a great mind but he is a total w***er and it will take more than an "I suffer like everyone else" PR stunt by him to make me give a t*** about anything he's been through.
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Quote Originally Posted by diane07 View Post
    I dont know about you but i had all of us here in mind whilst watching it.

di xx
    Yes mate so did I.

It doesn't so much matter if it's depression or anxiety that forms the base of your problems because both are debilitating and like he says each of our stories is individual to us.

Bless him for wanting to be able to blame it on drink - I wanted to blame my thyroid but no it is part of my personal makeup and my response to too many stressors or 'life'. I guess at first we want something concrete to blame it on then we can hope if we give up said concrete all will go back to normal.

I have now begun to accept that this is part of me and by that I don't mean I bow my head in resignation and martyr about it I just accept that it is part of my genetic makeup - like my big blue eyes and splendid bottom (not lol)!!

My goal these days is managing my anxiety rather than avoiding it I am also in full agreement with Emmas about mindfulness or living in the moment and can thouroughly recommend the author Cheri Huber for some good books. We do indeed only have the moment we are actually in this exact second that we have any control over - so it makes sense to keep your attention right on it - not the past and not the future!!

If you can do this with three quarters of your brain and just leave the last quarter for the necessary forward planning that we all have to do at least some of then you will be half way there.

Love Piglet

Don't beat around the bush Franz lol

i used the iplayer to watch most of the headrooms vids thanks to this post

i particularly watched the self harm one, depression and anxiety

thanks again

milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Franz

I personally put my political preferences aside when I was watching the programme. Thing is, you could see he wasn't being false and in no way was it about him trying to popularise himself I'm sure of it. He is just another sufferer and he happens to be in the public eye and I personally congratulate him for opening up and sharing what he did with the general public, because as we know, Joe Public has no real understanding of this illness.

Anyway, I get the feeling you don't rate him much lol !!!

Yvonne

Sorry, it probably wasn't appropriate to rant about Alastair Campbell :\ On the other hand now I've said it, I can't quite bring myself to delete it...
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Franz

S'alright Franz,.... in fact it's good to speak our minds xxxx

Yvonnexx

Hey Kendo

Harrison Ford?????

It is on BBC iplayer. You can download on the computer.

I'm going to watch it today.

Sheena

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information