Thread: Freaking out about blood tests

Freaking out about blood tests

Hello, this is probably stupid and the latter part is irrational but its been worrying me. I have just had a full blood count done as i am nearly 28 weeks pregnant, i am waiting for the results but so very scared that they are going to find something seriously wrong- Does anyone else have this fear?

The irrational part is.. Do you ever think that the docs have given you the wrong test results or there has been some mix up at the lab and you are in fact ill but get told you are ok. My head has gone in to overtime since i had the bloods done on Tuesday. I keep thinking what if they find out i have cancer :(
    xx

Re: Freaking out about blood tests

Oh god yes, that is something nearly ALL of us have a fear about.

Its your brain looking for something to worry about, Drs don't want to get sued and trust me they do 3 checks on the labels with your name.

Oh hunny such a common worry for health anxiety sooo common

Hi Tash
    Congratualtions on your pregnancy. I think it's perfectly normal to get HA when your pregnant, it's because you have a new little life on the way and you worry that something will happen to you and no one will be there to look after your baby. That's when I first gor HA badly. The blood tests are just routine and are NOTHING to worry about. If you had cancer you would certainly know about it!! Relax and enjoy your pregnancy you will be fine, honestly.

Take care x

hi tash think its perfectly normal to worry about the results we all do i think ,i have full blood count every 6 months and panic everytime , im sure everything will be fine when do you get the results?

take care

amanda

Cool Re: Freaking out about blood tests

its normal to be alittle worried about those thing.. you are very very young tash odds of you having cancer arent likely. you will be fine stay strong

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Hi guys, thanks for the quick response, in a weird way im so glad a few other people feel the same, i dont my partner and he just looked at me like i was nuts. I should get the results at some point this week but i just hate waiting, it dominates your thoughts. Im at work at the moment and so far havent done anything :(

Thank you again
    xx

for some reason i wrote dont but it should say told my partner

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the quick response, in a weird way im so glad a few other people feel the same, i dont my partner and he just looked at me like i was nuts. I should get the results at some point this week but i just hate waiting, it dominates your thoughts. Im at work at the moment and so far havent done anything :(

Thank you again
    xx

I don't know how the brain works but getting the all clear from your Dr does not get rid of anxiety, your brain will think..... was that my result??? maybe the got it wrong????

Well no they don't, you will have to get through this until your bub is born and then if you feel the same i recommend you speak to your Dr about medication for a while.
    You will get right back on track i promis, just know that your posts are sooooooo common okies.

Hi Guys, just wanted to say thank you for the posts earlier. I just wanted to say my bloods are back and my hemoglobin ( spelling) is perfect for being pregnant 11.7. I nearly cried Such a simple thing makes me happy. I am not going to let myself get worried that they may have got the bloods mixed etc.... well not for now any way

Thread Information