Thread: New here

New here

Hi this is my first post here. Im 24 and have suffered from depression/anxiety for the past 7 years. Sometimes it's been ok and i've been able to deal with it and other times very severe with me on medication and having to take time off work. The past year has been ok but recently those old feelings have been creeping back and i'm at the stage again where i'm thinking i dont want to go anywhere, do anything or speak to anyone. I feel that everybody is looking at me when i go out. I work full time doing reception/admin work which is becoming a struggle again but i dont want to be signed off work again (was signed off for a little while after being in the job only 6 months). Was thinking of asking if i could do less hours but not sure if this is possible. I just feel like a nuisance. Dont know what to do anymore? I just seem to go around in circles with this illness. Sorry for the long post.

Re: New here

Welcome, and sorry to hear that things are not going so well right now. Is there something that may have caused a setback? If you feel like cutting back your hours the only way to find out is to ask if it is possible. Try not to hide away from the world though because it will only make things worse. Are you having panic at work? It is normal to take steps forward and fall back a few. We have all done it. There are alot of great people with terrific advice on just about everything that you are feeling. Dont worry about how long your posts are. I have written pages before just ranting. Take care.

Re: New here

Hi tetley. I think shorter hours would help but as there are only 8 people in the office i work in (and we all do the same hours) i'm not sure they would go for it.

Thread Information