Thread: please read!

please read!

my anxiety gets worse towards the evening and at night, i hate it when night comes because i know its going to happen and my family and boyfriend get really annoyed with me, my boyfriend even said i was being pathetic last night!
    i just feel really miserable and lonely and no one understands around me what im going through, i withdraw myself from social outings, especially at night cos i know its going to happen
    but i've forced myself to go out with a friend tonight just for a quiet meal, is there any pointers anyone can give me so i dont randomly freak out?
    thanks! Blaire x

Re: please read!

take a diazepam, don't obsess over anything, and just enjoy yourself and the company you're in.

The opinions stated above are the personal opinions of the writer, and not intended to offend or denigrate any opinions held by anyone else.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad,
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Could you maybe explain to your friend how you feel if you need too? I did that once I went for lunch with a friend and I was getting more and more anxious, finally I just told him and he was great about it. I was able to finish eating and almost totally relaxed by the time it was time to leave. Good luck! You can do it!

Lila

By already convincing yourself that something bad might happen, puts you the total wrong frame of mind. If you sit there and think "SO WHAT if i panic" it changes your thoughts from negative to not caring therefore the mind automatically stops thinking bad things.

IF you feel bad, BREATHE. As soon as you feel anxious exhale as much as you can (this stops the panic from starting) and let your in breath happen automatically. Do this THREE times, then relax and let your breathing return to normal (as from Paul McKenna suggestion).

Good luck and focus on how you are feeling that minute rather than how you might feel in 10!

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

See a doctor. Perhaps he can give you something to help calm the anxiety.
    Props for going to dinner with your friend.
    Sheryl

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Hi, when I go out feeling anxious and I feel in a bit of a panic or get a pain I just think to myself it's ok it will be gone in a minute it has happened many times before and I am still ok and enjoy the evening then best I can.

Have a great night night and try not to let it get a grip.

Jules x

Your mind is probably set in that frame of mind now...I am similar with regards to bed time as I fear having anxiety in the night......guess what it happens if I fear it.

Have you on any medication for anxiety? if not discuss it with your GP, there is something for everyone. You have to be strong and keep telling yourself that the panic will pass, breathe and talk.......my husband is only just starting to understand it as I talk about it now....your boyfriend probably doesnt understand what is happening so try to explain it him.

Good luck hun x

Thread Information