Thread: Life Insurance, deferred, GGT

Life Insurance, deferred, GGT

Hi I just had my life insurance deferred after a blood test, after a few days of manically trying to get hold of why, it turned out I had a high reading on my GGT.

The GP said my GGT was 120 which was three times over the expected 40?

I was told to come back in 3-4 weeks and get retested to check the levels. Ive scoured the internet for a level chart of some kind to see how high 120 is, there are a couple of readings from people mentioned in forums, which are alot higher in the 700's, although the guy was drinking a bottle and a half of whisky a day.

I average around 38 units a week of alcohol, maybe sometimes a bit less or more but on average around 38.

Now Im worried and getting what I hope (instead of real) anxiety related symptoms, I kind of now every so often feel my right side, or should I say conscious of it. Feel run down, tired, which I didnt before the results so this makes me think its anxiety. My excema is up, and im itching more than usual, but Im not sure if that is stress.

Anyway I was wondering what anyone thought about GGT, and liver disease, etc.

Thanks in advance

Re: Life Insurance, deferred, GGT

Hi there

Have you been to your own GP to discuss this? I'd say that would be your first move, if you haven't already. I don't know much about the GGT test, but as with all of these tests, they just show what, they don't show why. The level might be raised for a number of reasons, and if your health checks were otherwise OK, it might be raised for quite a benign reason. 120 might not even be that high. It would be best to talk it over with a medical professional.

I'd say if your drinking is worrying you, maybe try to cut down. Drinking in itself can make anxiety worse, I know it does for me. If there is a problem with your liver caused by drinking, it would be at an early stage as you have no severe symptoms. If this is the case, just stopping drinking should allow your liver to repair itself. It may be that you are somatizing some of your symptoms because you're so worried about it now.

Thread Information