Thread: really anxious about going to Blackpool

really anxious about going to Blackpool

I am going to Blackpool next week, just for the day but I am so anxious about going. I haven't been for a day out like this since before I started to suffer from agoraphobia. I know when I get there that the car won't be parked close by for me to run back to if I feel anxious and its always busy there and I don't do crouds but I refuse to let this illness stop me from going I'm just really scared of having a P.A in from of hundreds of people.

I'm hoping by getting all my fears about going off my chest and venting it here that the thoughts won't take over, anybody got any tips for me to help get through the day?

Re: really anxious about going to Blackpool

hello matey, i would just try not to think to much and i bet once u get there your panic will disapear and u will have loads of fun. u got people going with u so u wont be alone so enjoy hun, i wish i was going hehe. hugs xxx

Good for you not letting that bully. ANXIETY
    Stop you from having a great day.

KEEP THINKING POS.
    SHAKA XXXXXX.

Hi Lilly-lou, i just wanted to stop by and wish you well for your day out at Blackpool. Whilst not my resort of choice, we found ourselves there for a day in august of this year. The town centre is pretty much what you would expect from any busy town at the weekend. The front can be very crowded, especially if the weather is good and i found it a bit too much to cope with. So what we did was to walk on the other side of the road (the beach side) from what i could see, a lot of investment and builidng work has been done on the beach and there are walkways that are less crowded and you can walk along and enjoy the sea air and enjoy watching ppl relax and have fun on the sands (rather than the hustle bustle of the proms and amusements iygwim)we walked on the "beach" side from the north prom right down to the pleasure beach and i thoroughly enjoyed it - the weather was fab and the tide was out and i couldnt help but relax and just enjoy it.

I hope you have a good time there and good on you for taking the trip - let us know how you get on.

Best of luck
    K x

Thanks for the replies, I hadn't thought of walking on the beach side of the road in my panic about going, will defo do that. Blackpool isn't by resort of choice but my daughter chose to go there as it is her 16th birthday, she wants to go to the pleasure beach but you won't get me on any of the rides, well maybe the kiddy ones with my two youngest!

I know once I get there I will have a good time but its always the run up to going somewhere that is the worst especially when I have had a while to wind myself up about going, I am my own worst enemy sometimes

Hugs

Hey, i might have an excuse which gets you out of going! We went last sunday, took our two year old to see the illuminations (spent an absolute fortune too). When we got to the pleasure beach, we tried to walk in (as usual) but was told that you now have to buy a £20 wristband to get in (what?). Even if you don't go on any of the rides you still have to pay 20 sodding pounds. We were told that our two year old son was free but that he would not be able to go on any of the rides. Even the little ones! So why were we going to pay £40 to go in then? It is ridiculous. You would be better off going to alton towers or somewhere like that (don't know where you are from) at least it won't be as busy this time of year and there will be other attractions for you to enjoy (like the gardens). It's worth discussing!
    I think you are very brave for showing determination though and whatever you do i hope you have a great day out!

pink piglet - we went to the pleasure beach in august and didnt buy wristbands as we didnt intend going on any rides (none of the rides accept cash so you really do need the wristband even if you only want to go on one ride.....its a total money making racket !!) anyway we walked in the entrance to the left of the main admission (think its actaully the exit..lol through a week souvenir/sweetie shop place) dont know if you are allowed to do that or not but we managed it xx

Thread Information