Thread: The Brain Zaps

The Brain Zaps

Hi all,
    After a successful 7-months on Citalopram I am now weaning myself off the tablets.
    I am experiencing the 'Brain zaps' almost randomly but particualrly when I am tired after a long day.
    I'd be very interested to hear any stories relating to this as I need to build some confidence in facing them. They do not hurt but are in fact, almost surreal. They do not last long; merely seconds and I am hopeful they will dissappear sooner rather than later as i am otherwsie feeling so much better.
    look forward to your replies,

roy

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

Re: The Brain Zaps

Hi Roy,

Know exactly what you are experiencing when i came of citalopram I would get these like electrical jolts in my head that would last seconds, I checked this side effect out and it is totally normal and extremely common. I have been off citalopram for about 4 months now and the zaps have stopped but it did take quite a while for them to stop. But it is definatley nothing to worry about, more irriating than anything else, hope you are better soon.

Rebecca x

Thread Information