Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone found a medication that actually works?

Re: anyone found a medication that actually works?

Meds that work? No, not really.

The opinions stated above are the personal opinions of the writer, and not intended to offend or denigrate any opinions held by anyone else.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad,
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by kendo59 View Post
    Meds that work? No, not really.
    kinda thought that myself-oh apart from benzos which are great fpr anxiety.
    but are worse than smoking,drinking,heroin and glue all put together...if you beleive the hype..."take a pill to numb the pain you dont have to take the blame"..cheers robbie i must just do that

let us know how you get on at shrinks today

Love joy

ok back...my shrink is a older gentleman and is open to older meds and not stuck in the ssri format.
    we disscussed nardil but he really wants me to try a few others first.
    anafranil he was surprised i had such bad reactions as this was not reported in 2 thirds of his patients on it...i did ham it up thou as i was just after the nardil,so i said ooo 4 weeks of shaking and feeling anxious was enough.in reality i was on em for 2 weeks and probs didnt give em a chance.

back to today-i have been put on a snri called duloxetine,not familar with it so i will have to wikipedia it and get some answers.i have told him i am going to give it the full 8 weeks and try my best untill we meet just after xmas...more stuff here... http://www.duloxetine.co.uk/

anyways thats me done for today.comments on said drug welcome if you have been on it...no in fact everyone is different and i may hear stuff i dont want to..i shall suck n see for myself.

cheers
    pete

....klonopin is kicking in zzz now so i think its time for a nap
    Last edited by pete69; 22-10-08 at 14:10. Reason: klonopin made me spell like a 6 yer old

Lo Pete

Yes do suck it and see - it's sort of anti depressant flavoured. Me and Joy have had Duloxetine ( well, what haven't me and Joy had!). It may help you m ate and you must try it and you must stick it for at least six weeks I reckon. Please don't say anything bad about Venla you know how I worry!!!!!!!!! I am not bad on it anyway. Have to tell y ou Pete that Duloxetine is snri same as Venlaflaxine - it works in a different way on the brain apparently same chemicals though.

Shrinks will give you anything before they put you on a proper MAOI - they also do love to tell us that "ooh I never heard of that side effect" when we tell them how badly we have suffered on a medication.

My shrink's talking about discharging me in the very near future - trust me to be all confident and assertive when I was with him on Monday then to dip a bit today!!!!!!! Oh lordy just send me to the States where they will give me a huge cocktail of benzos, numerous anti d's and gawd knows what else! Well, the cocktails seem to work well for the Yanks lol.

Take care and keep us posted. xx

Weed?

As anyone tried it for anxiety?

Mee

weed...not personally but if you want to f**k your mental state up even more on a daily basis then go for it.hardly a drug to trat anxiety with

on a different note-had 1 duloxetine 2 hours ago an now feel sick in stomach and my head is thumping-yvonne you said u n joy have both tried it-well you have both come off it for a reason..i can see why.
    i actually feel like i did when i last was sick from to much booze-my mouth is holding liquid and if i swallow i will chuck it back up.
    im very dissapointed in this very early effect. had such a good week on klonopin-my sa is pretty much non existent when on them---why the f**k am i searching searching searching...im gonna knock em all on the head,cant even have a drink tonight now as this stupid med ..ahh i feel so low

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

the olanzapine really helps with the aggitated worries, but it makes me sleep so much, and its an antipsychotic for the paranoia. plus u put on weight

still cant get the ad right tho to go with it

Quote Originally Posted by milly jones View Post
    the olanzapine really helps with the aggitated worries, but it makes me sleep so much, and its an antipsychotic for the paranoia. plus u put on weight

still cant get the ad right tho to go with it
    olanzapine? milly whats that?

olanzapine is an antipsychotic used for schitzophrenia, but also for extreme anxiety

its helped my hateful worrying no end

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information