Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: anyone found a medication that actually works?

Re: anyone found a medication that actually works?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mystic View Post
    Ive tried prozac, seroxat and last night the c one (lol). ALL 3 had exactly the same effect.

To be honest I'm going to look into more herbal stuff for now. SSRI's obviously don't do it for me
    they do exactly the same to me mystic after 1 tab,a few hours later im shaking in my hands,my muscles arwe rigid,im yawning a lot,headaches,and this is just 2 hours in! and im supposed to take em for 2-3 weeks as these awful side effects may lessen...sod that im never having another ssri .
    as u say stick to the herbal and u may find something that works-personally they are a bit weak for my needs.

to freaky....no worries on hijacking my thread,it was raised to see who salutes it so ....

i was actually trying to find a med for social anxiety specifically other than ssris and benzos that i would take and not get to many side effects and gain confidence..but i accept now that you cant take a medication that will alter such a major part of your "makeup" without it having some side effects.

Pete

i was actually trying to find a med for social anxiety specifically other than ssris and benzos that i would take and not get to many side effects and gain confidence..but i accept now that you cant take a medication that will alter such a major part of your "makeup" without it having some side effects.
    Its a bummer, but yes, meds seem limited in their effectiveness. I have tried CBT, relaxation, deep breathing exercises, facing the fear etc.. etc.. and I find that old habits, avoidance behaviour and self-deprecating thoughts are extremely difficult to change and too well ingrained in my "makeup"

Ahh well, tomorrow is another day!

Bye

Freaky

Quote Originally Posted by pete69 View Post
    they do exactly the same to me mystic after 1 tab,a few hours later im shaking in my hands,my muscles arwe rigid,im yawning a lot,headaches,and this is just 2 hours in! and im supposed to take em for 2-3 weeks as these awful side effects may lessen...sod that im never having another ssri .
    as u say stick to the herbal and u may find something that works-personally they are a bit weak for my needs.

to freaky....no worries on hijacking my thread,it was raised to see who salutes it so ....

Mine is health anxiety, following a diagnosis of skin cancer. Might also have something do with my being perimenopausal. Hard to tell really but the severe stuff started a month after my diagnosis although I'm sure I have had signs previous, just nothing that worried me or stopped me functioning.

I'm going back to the doctors today and will not listen to anything about SSRI's or trying again. Someone I work with suggested I try Amitriptyline, apparently the majority of people take that ok and the side effects aren't as deep as with SSRI's. Will speak to the doc this morning.

Aside from the odd day or too that are dark I function well on most days, still holding down my job and being a mum. It's the night times, the quiet times that gets me, and I just wish I could sleep.

Hi Pete,

I started Off When first diagnosed As agoraphoic with panic attack disorder on Diaz and propanol but unfortunatley i became addicted and have to fight then to get my life back from the drugs.

Since then i developed a drug phobia so tablets can no longer be an option for me.

now i use a mixature of alternative therapies to help when i go out.

My worse fear was having a heart attack during these episodes so i always wear a crystal around my neck called Dioptase as its said you can never have a heart attack while wearing it so for me it helps me believe I will be ok.

I Also Used To oils that i mix together on a tissue to carry in my pocket to smell if i get too scared.

They are ylang ylang and lavender about 3 drops of each on the tissue.

These help stop palpitaions and have a very relaxing feeling.

I am also a big believer in Finding the root cause of what yoour trigger is so for me NLP Helped More then CBT.

I Hope that Helps alittle.

I not a Dr Or Medical Professional Just A Fellow Suffer Of 20 Years, But always willing to share any help i found helped me over the years.
    Stay Safe and Well.
    Love Trace XX

When I was first diagnosed with Panic Disorder ten years ago I was put on Prozac and within hours of taking my first one I had a massive panic attack due to the side effects. My mouth went dry, I felt like I was losing my mind, the balance in my legs went and I was accused of being on illegal drugs. I went back to my Doctor and he switched me to Prozemal, then to Zispin, then to Seroxat and finally to a combination of Diazepam and Ciprimal. Unfortunatly, one week when my depression and anxiety reached an all time low I overdosed on the Diazapam with Vodka and passed out by the fire and my jumper went up. If it wasn't for my mother walking into the room at that very moment I would have been burned alive. I am now off all medication because I believe that it makes me worse sometimes and want to find a way to be relaxed and feeling happy again without the use of medication.

Nothing has worked for me meds wise, CBT is about the only thing I've had success with, the odd self help book here and there too

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information