I used to suffer panic attacks a long long time ago but I rarely get them now but today whilst in Next I suddenly felt very spaced out, earlier that day I had been a tad anxious about my sinus pains again but nothing major. I usually find shopping a good therapy

I have in the past felt abit spaced out in shops but never had a panic attack but today I couldn't ignore the spaced out feeling, I suddenly felt very sick, felt like i needed the toilet and had stomach pains, felt light headed and then my heart started racing, I couldn't ignore it any long so walked very quickly out of the shop, head down because I couldn't look up for feeling so giddy. Luckily my dh was outside in the car so I jumped straight in it and was shaking like a leaf. I took some rescue remedy and was fine within minutes but I feel bloody awful because my 2 sons saw me like that My eldest who is 6 was so sweet, I just said I felt abit sick but he then said 'mummy dont be upset, why don't I go back into the shop with you and if you feel faint or sick I will run out to the car and tell daddy'. My heart melted, he is such a sweet boy, he really looks out for me. I never show my health anxiety to my kids, from CBT I have learnt to leave my worries until the kids are asleep at night then address them but to be honest I have always kept a brave face on if I am having a bad day so my children are unaware but my son is such a sweet boy he really today saw me like that and I can't help but feel so guilty.

I wanted to go home but my hubby wispered to me that I had to go back in or it would really knock my confidence and I would let it rule my life and maybe not go out alone again so my son came with me and I was fine, treated myself and felt ok but I am really worried about going out alone again now, shopping anyway not actually nipping out to the corner shop or to school, I am not afraid of going out or anything.

Tonight I still feel light headed and feel sick at times, I take it panic attacks can make you feel like this for a while after?its been a long long time.

I hope this doesn't happen to me again, its really scary. Its not agrophobia is it? I am not scared of going out but I do get panicky in the cinema, at concerts etc.... I am now very scared because I am going to see Lee evans in a few weeks and I just know I am going to bottle it