Thread: help new to prozac

help new to prozac

hi
    i have been given prozac for anxiety and depression i feel terrible in the mornings then i seem to improve later in the day will these feelings go away with prozac? i am only on my 5 th day of taking the drug. can any one help? have any of you felt this awful in the mornings its like i just dont want to face the world or go out speak to any one
    any advice would really help me
    many thanks
    much peace

Re: help new to prozac

Sounds almost exactly like my experience. Hated mornings but became progressively more relaxed until I could chill out on the sofa in the evenings. I've been back on prozac for about six weeks now and the mornings have improved a lot. Still have a bit of trouble getting out of bed but I don't lie there dreading it anymore. Of course, I've never been a morning person anyway, so that probably doesn't help. You need to stick at it for 3-4 weeks to feel a real benefit, in my experience. Hope this helps.

Take care

thanks mudskipper
    good to know i am not alone , many thanks
    much peace

Had exactly the same, though in my case it was about the journey to work. Things have got so much better because of the Fluo, but I still wouldn't say they're 100% perfect as sometimes I still feel a bit dizzy and sick like I did before. But I know I couldn't go out if it wasn't for these.

Good luck

I felt awful for the first 2-3 weeks, so tired and lots of side effects, but now a month in I feel alot better, it has definitly been worth going through the side effects to feel better, I feel back to my old self again! All I would say is whatever you do, just don't drink as it stops the drugs from working and makes you feel awful the next day!

Thread Information