Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hols

hols

i'm going away in august with my auntie kinda dreading it cause i know panic stations will be on full alert all the time i am there but then i know i need a break as not been on hols since i was about 6 or 7 anyone got any tips for stopping myself from having a racing heart and not been able to sleep as this is getting me down now never mind when i go on my hols

leanne

Use rescue remedy, relaxation tapes, eat lots of fruit and veg and take along things that you like to do and will distract you like books, snacks, etc. Hope you have a great time!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Leo,

Glad you're getting away for a break

Read through the sucesses page to see how others have been after going on holidays they originally dreaded.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Leanne

You will be able to do it I am sure but start relaxation now and start trying to face some of your fears and places that make you panic.

Loads on here have had great successes at holidays so please read their stories to give you some motivation.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hey leanne,
    i've just come back from holiday - spent the whole of last week dreading it and it was fine in the end. i took an emerency panic kit on the plane with me (rescue remedy, lavender etc) as well as lots of distractions - books, music etc.
    i wish i hadn't worried about it before going now, but obviously these things are easier said than done!
    as meg and nic say, there are lots of useful threads about this, check them out.
    henri x

hi 2wks then i go away panicing like mad about it as dont want to seem as though im a nutter but hey guess thats normal for me

Hi Leanne

I went awy in May for a week to France and honestly say it was the turning point for my recovery - I have got better and better everyday since my return.

I dreaded it before but went - had a great time with only a few anxious moments and survived. Going away again next week for two weeks ans I cannot wait

Go with an open mind and an emergency kit for just in case of any blips.

Have fun.

thsnks will do

hi leanne,

i went on holiday in april for the first time in 20 years, i was abit anxious before i went (the usual anticipationary anxiety) but fine travelling and during the holiday. try and look forward to having a break, some sunny weather, different things to do and ppl you usually meet are nicer and more relaxed because they are on hols.

you might get the holiday bug lol, ive been away twice more since, take care .. andrew

Leanne,

I hate travelling on the motorway, hate being away from home and hate being around people I don't know. Soooooooo, have booked a holiday in Devon, at a holiday camp, and I go on 6th August!![:O]

Haven't been away since 2000 but my son has just completed his GCSE's and my daughter also needs a holiday so we are doing it for them really.

I'm worrying about it already and also worrying cos I have to leave my animals! [:I] But, I'm sure once I actually get there I will have a lovely time and not want to come home as I'm sure you will too. Where are you going and for how long?

Kate x

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information