Thread: more on depersonalisation

more on depersonalisation

I was just reading last week's posts on d/p because I've never understood what this meant, and I started to think, "so maybe that's what this is!"

For me, it's a case of feeling like an out of body experience - like I am hearing myself talk to other people as if I'm not the one talking (maybe that's what has made me so focused on my speech disturbances lately). Does anyone else relate to this?

I was encouraged by Meg's story about going to work and nobody noticing, because to me it seems like I am totally out of it when I get like this - but nobody seems to notice (or maybe I've always acted out of it, so it's nothing new to them! LOL).

Anyway, it's horrible - I feel like I'm going senile and it's a bit early for that. I had a bad day today - I started off really well, even telling my husband how much better things were getting after a rough weekend and somehow it all spun out of control. Afterwards, I'm left wondering how the heck this happened to me.

hello tr,

The way you feel is exactly how I understand depersonalisation to be. I used to get this sometimes but it disappeared after a while. These feelings can come out of nowhere and really hit you..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Its the only things good about it.

You feel totally awful, think the end is nigh and noone notices apart from being a bit pale !!

As much as you think you can't, you can function. I could be throwing up in the carpark and then in having a meeting with 4 medical consultants within 30 mins and I must have performed ok as got what I wanted ..

Always felt better on way home !

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I always say it is one of those things you can't describe to someone who has never had it, and only you know how it feels.

I always felt like I was in the 3rd person. Watching myself.
    Or I wasn't really there and cars could pass right through me.

But everyone is different ....

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Like watching a movie for me, complete observer, a ghost. what helped me was at the points when i felt like i wasn't really there or really in control of myself, i would just reach out and touch something. I would make my mind make the connection to my body and reaffirm to myself that i was controlling things, i was just observing them strangely(kind of like being on psychadelics).

Dan

"life's a garden, Dig it?"

Thread Information