Thread: Hi all, I have just found this site.

Hi all, I have just found this site.

Hello everyone, I am a new user and just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all a bit about myself. I'm Rhiannon, I'm 27, from just outside Cardiff, I have been suffering with anxiety for many years, and have recently sought medical help to deal with this problem. I have experienced constant worrying about all sorts of irrational things for as long as I can remember, and I sometimes suffer from panic attacks and also from what I think of as "freezing" attacks which seem to be some sort of extreme selective mutism in response to an overload of worrying. Sounds like I'm great fun eh?! The reason I've come to this site is that I'm hoping to be able to discuss my experiences with other people who understand how I'm feeling; although I get a lot of support from family and from my lovely partner, I sometimes feel like they are struggling to really "get it", if you know what I mean. I am just about to start a course of Citalopram, and I've already read some other people's experiences elswhere in the forum, which I found helpful, so thanks to everyone for that.

Re: Hi all, I have just found this site.

hi Rhiannon
    to NMP. Glad you have found us.

Veronica

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find many people on here who will understand what you are going through.

Take care

Carol

Hi and to no more panic. Am sure u will find lots of help and support on here, best wishes, kayliegh xx

hi my doctor gave me this the other day he said it can take 6 weeks to work , im not going to take it if i can help it i found that my diazapan seems to be working i hate taking new tablets as i worry about side affects although he didnt say anything about that, if you take yours let me know how you got on as there suppose to be a pick me up make the days seem better im on 5mg of diazapan wich do there job they keep me calm i went into town with my husband and back again with no attacks, were as a few days ago i felt terrible needed the loo urgently felt my legs go ,so maybe there getting into my system and doing there job take care keep thinking of good things x

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

welcome to nmp hunny

love from milly xxxx

hiya

to nmp

jodie x

Hey there and welcome. I'm a newbie myself and I'm here for the same reason.

I feel this forum is going to be a great place for us to reel off the irrational thoughts and feelings we probably all get on a daily basis

Can i ask what freezing is?

Jem xx

Thread Information