Thread: need help before i go mad

Unhappy need help before i go mad

hi my name is sara i've been suffering with panic attacks for over a year now i did manage to control them but now when i try to go to sleep i get a huge pressure on my chest and it wakes me up and each time i try to go back to sleep it comes back this been going on now for over a week and i feel exusted i think my heart will stop because of this is it me or has any one else felt this i think i'm going to go out of my mind if i dont sleep soon i have not long split up with my partner and wonder if this might have some thing to do with it but i did feel it once when we where togther but thought nothing off it it is not like my old panic attacks please can some one out there give me thier view look forward to your replys

sara
    x

Re: need help before i go mad

Hi Sara

Sounds like classic anxiety to me, the heavy chest thing is so common.

Maybe you are stressed about hte breakup?

Anything else on your mind when you go to sleep?

I often used to be ok, but when I went to bed I was aware of my heart thudding away when the house was silent, and this used to panic me.

TC

Jaco

sometimes when I am falling asleep I hear my heartbeat in my head, its been happening for years, I have never worried about it, hope you are feeling better soon
    Heather

I have same problem and it's my own fault. I was thinking 'what would scare me the most?'. I had problems with breathing, missed beats, palpitations, but they don't bother me no more, even though I have them everyday still. Now my new scare is chest pains/heavy chest, and guess what - I started to feel it, badly. Whenever I go to bed chest pain kicks in, I wake up with this heavy feeling, unable to relax. This is such a classic anxiety symptom, it's almost funny how easily our thoughts take control over whole body!

Thank you so much for your replys i spent all of last night awake and havent had any sleep i'm off to the doctors today to see if there is any thing they can help me with i really dont want to go back on to my tab's but if i have to i will i'll let ya know the out come and thanks once again

sara
    x

Thread Information