View Poll Results: How often do you exercise?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

49 30.06%
  • Once or twice each week

44 26.99%
  • Three to four times each week

36 22.09%
  • Try to exercise daily!

34 20.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise! Do you?

Re: Exercise! Do you?

I do not exercise at all and for the moment have been told not to by my doctors. I do think I would feel much better if I did exercise and definately need to tone up my muscles. Right now I am suffering from bursitis and it is inflammed so until it calms down no exercising for me. Before that I had 2 frozen shoulders one right after the other and that kept me down. If it isn't one thing it is another. Laura xxx

i power walk every day and it always makes me feel good and motivated. i like to dance too.

i got off of prozac for bad dep 7 yrs ago by doing exercise most days and never had it back since or needed meds, for me its a very positive thing.

I don't exercise at all but went for a 2 mile walk yesterday with my daughter and her healthy living group (should have put this in the the "success stories"!).
    I thought my legs were going to drop off/lungs were going to give up.
    As my agoraphobia has worsened, I have been feeling less inclined to go out but doing the walk with the group gave me an incentive to get some exercise and tackle the phobia at the same time.
    My girl has muscle problems which make it difficult for her to walk far but the feeling of pride I had when we arrived back after our walk was indescribable.
    We are going to be doing this weekly and increasing the distance each week so wish us luck

I like to get to the gym 2 to 4 times a week, and have been known to take the mountain bike out for a thrashing.

Obviously any type of exercise is good blah blah blah, but one of the big benefits for me is that it seems to keep anxiety at bay better than anything else I tried.

I also run the line sometimes when my boy plays football, now that's a killer, a 41 yo man trying to keep up with 13 yo football players inbetween the abuse from the other teams players, it's like a Japanese game show.

I walk, nothing serious, 2- 4 miles each time, 3/4 times a week.

I started this when I got close to being house bound last year.

Sometimes its a struggle, for various reasons, but once Im out and about it is like a breath of fresh air in more ways than one.

Now, I love it and think that if I didnt walk, Id be more stressed, definitely.

Thanks for your replies guys!
    Wow!! Some of you really are very keen on exercise arent you. I really am going to have to take a leaf from some of your books. I thought this thread would be useful in helping us see how exercise can help ease our anxiety, depression etc & which exercises really help. It seems that any exercise is good no matter how often or how strenuous it is. I am determined to start swimming again as soon as.

I am keeping this poll open as it think it will help alot of people. Thankyou x

HI All,

I am finding it hard to get to the gym for my recommended 3 times a week by the GP, due to work and generally lack of time!

I know I feel better afterwards but its so hard to get myself in the mood, especially now the dark nights are kicking in.

I would love to excersise I went to a health centre and joind a "keep fit for the over fifties"
    BUT here are the reasons i stopped going
    1. travel public transport 40mins (2 buses)
    2. everyone else new each other
    3. the noise - the music was so loud it bounced off the walls
    4. exercise for the whole hour ( long time when you are new to this)
    5. really not good for me - so unfit (others bounced around)
    6. I panicked when i got home
    7. i panicked before i went
    so not a success - I have asked at libraries / health centres for something nearer to home and quieter BUT they say i have little chance most peple like the noise.
    I have good intentions I bought a small walking machine and use it not very often
    June

im terrible with exercise. As soon as I start exercising my heart rate goes up. It scares me so much I stop

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    im terrible with exercise. As soon as I start exercising my heart rate goes up. It scares me so much I stop
    thats the same with me i think ill drop dead if i do coz i can feel my heart

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information