View Poll Results: How often do you exercise?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

49 30.06%
  • Once or twice each week

44 26.99%
  • Three to four times each week

36 22.09%
  • Try to exercise daily!

34 20.86%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise! Do you?

Re: Exercise! Do you?

yes i do exercise and i like it - so i feel for ppl who dont actually like doing it.

luckily for me im good at most sports, i can swim and play tennis well and i like all other forms of exercise - biking, aerobics, yoga, pilates you name it i can do it

but some of it is really boring, but the one thing i really love and which is much underated and could be of use to ppl who dont like exercise or arent naturally any good at it, is WALKING i find it best with my dogs because i have a reason to go, but i see loads of ppl round here walking - in the mornings after the school run you see ladies of leisure power walking in their walking boots but i dont think you need a dog or walking bookts you just need to go!! and walk quickly and when you ge tback you feel brill

i took up running and swimming 6 months ago . swimming is very relaxing and i go at night when there are no children in the pool . i enjoy running its just me and my mp4 player no hassles its great . i was never one for running but i joined a club and the man that runs the club is a fitness instructor and has helped me i couldnt even run for 3 minutes without it hurting my legs now i run for 45 minutes every other day . and i feel great afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by alihud View Post
    Hiya Pink i walk my dogs twice a day everyday and its one of the best exercise you can get cos i have to do it and it makes me feel so much better afterwards.
    Ali xxx
    Yes that's what I do too. I walk my daughter to school which is just round the corner and then carry on and walk the dog for about 45 minutes through the fields and up and down hills cos it's quite hilly where we live. I also walk him again when I go to pick her up but it's a shorter walk then. I have an air walker and exercise bike in the shed but never use them.

Mountain biking but predominantly now road biking.

I managed 80 miles the other weekend on my fixed gear bike! I can remember this time last year not having the motivation to do anything - it's amazing how things can turn around - never give up, ever.

If anyone in central scotland or the lothians wants people to ride with then I can recommend the West Lothian Clarion who are a great bunch. We are just a new club with 22 or so members. The club was set up by 5 guys originally because the guys wanted a more semi-formal approach than with traditional clubs in the area. There are also one or two women who come along on the weekend rides although I'm not sure if any have officially joined yet. You don't have to be a member to come on the rides - everyone is welcome.

The whole ethos behind the weekend runs is that no-one gets left behind, unlike other clubs where if you get dropped by the bunch you are on your own!

We leave from Linlithgow Cross at 9am every sunday for 50-60 miles and often a cafe stop halfway. Saturday morning also starts at 9am from the Korean War Memorial near Beecraigs Park at Linlithgow and tends to be a bit shorter than the Sunday run.

Average speed is around 15-16 mph although no-one will ever get left behind.

If anyone is interested or is interested but nervous then PM me for more details - I too was apprehensive about going along but I really enjoyed it and ended up joining the club.

Cheers,

Grant

You guys are putting me to shame!

I still havent motivated myself................yet! I do intend getting started in the new year (if not sooner) and my first intention is to get back swimming. I don't know why I ever packed it in. I used to get in the pool and swim away my worries. It was always the best thing for keeping my stress at bay and aswell as keeping me trim & fit.
    I have a two year old son so I tend to spend my time keeping him busy. Its a shame the gyms near me dont provide creche facilities like some gyms do. That way we could both benefit.

Smile Re: Exercise! Do you?

Badminton once a week

I NEED to exercise, but cannot seem to find the motivation. I guess its because all positive things are held back as my mind, deep down knows it will help. Maybe its a case of being scared of letting go of the negatives, as I know that part of my life so well?

I keep thinking "I must get in shape"... but then I remember... round IS a shape!

hello, i like to start exercising, im really lazy and bad out of shape, not in size tho just in shape, i can just walk a long ways or move something kinda hard and i get too tired, i just got me a treadmill a few weeks ago but havent used it alot, and if i walk on it, its only like for 5 min. im just lazy i guess and also worried i might push myself to much and my heat give out , which that sounds stupit but its just what i think.....

Doing weights saved me.Now i got no time for anxiety!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information