Thread: How do I find a proper qualified hypnotherapist in my area?!

How do I find a proper qualified hypnotherapist in my area?!

Hey

Ive been thinking of hypnotherapy for a while now....not sure what I think of it, but Im willing to try anything at the moment!
    I have found alot of people on the net....but how do i know if they are phony? and what degree's should i look out for?

Thanks in advance xx

Re: How do I find a proper qualified hypnotherapist in my area?!

Have a read of the Hypnotherapy page on the left and it links to the societies that you need to check people out on.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hiya

i just recently had my first session of hypnotherapy and although its too early to tell how much it will help my phobia it was worth every penny for the relaxation and positive vibes it has given me, in the week since i have had it i am finding myself saying i can rather than i cant so much more and i cant wait for my next session

A good place to look is http://www.hypnotherapistregister.com/ and you can search your area - it also gives the therapists qualifications next to their details.

It is quite expensive - my therapist charges £55 an hour but because she is about 15 miles away from me and im not ready to travel to see her yet i have to pay £70 an hour so she will come closer to me where she hires a room in a salon for an hour. But it is definetly so good for making you calmer and i would recommend anyone giving it a go. Its nothing like the Paul Mckenna stuff you see on tv, you are awake and aware of everything, just in the deepest state of relaxation ever, like the moments just before you fall asleep.

Let us know if you try it how you get on,
    Emma x

Hi Lucy

I've had hypnotherapy and found it really helpful. I would reiterate what has been said about finding a registered therapist.

In the meantime you might like to have a read of the information here which describes what hypnosis is about and how it can help you.

I hope this helps.

Karen xx

BSMDH is a good place to start. The British Society of Medical and Dental Hypnotherapists. They have a list of therapists who you can contact and a list their credentials.

Thanks for all the advice guys....I had a look on those sites and I think I have found a few that are relatively near to me!

God its expensive....but im willing to try anything tbh!

Thanks again, much appreciated xx

Thread Information