Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any info on propranolol please

Re: any info on propranolol please

hi i was given propranolol on saterday for anxiety 40mg upto 3 times a day and iv had no side effects besides the general fear and anxiety of taking it they have appeared to do nothing for me but its early days... i did notice a dry mouth but i put that down to fear not the drug

hiya all I have been on and off them for about 18 months.. I just ordered another repeat presciption. I tend to take them when I get up early in the morning when I first wake up and in the evening. I tend to take them on an empty stomach as they seem to work better the only side effects I get is a bit of lethargy but the calming effect I get is very nice

my docotr said i can take them aslong as i have 12 hours inbetween, i had one at 8:30 am this morning, and one at 8:40 pm this evening, am i gonna be ok

I take 40mg x 3 times a day, it has helped me get through a time of high anxiety. No real side effects to report, they got my pulse down from over 120bpm and helped me get calm again.

Hi there, just saw this thread and thought I would register so a newbie here 'waves'

I have just started taking Propranolol 40mg today.

Two reasons but one main reason.

The main reason was I had suffered from a 9 day and still ongoing awful and painful headache, which I am finding it hard to live with. Been off work too.

Practically lived at the Dr's over this time. Followed there adice, tried different pain killers and nothing has worked.

On top of that I have had high blood pressure when im normally ok.

I do suffer from depression too, but on antidepressants, and said the headache is likely from stress/depression.

So today went to the Dr in the morning and he put me on Propranolol. 1 tablet 3 times a day. And only had two tablets so far to date, but I feel so calm (kind of forgot what it felt like).

Though my headache is still there, but me being calmer might get rid of it.

But I do feel sleepy, but so far that is all ive experienced.

Take care,

_cheeky_ :-p

I am on40mg thrice a day.

They had a massive effect for me. Helped manage me toa state of relative calm from one of permanent anxiety and regular anxiety attacks.

Now taking them with Cit 20mg and beginning to feel like my old self.

No real side effects from propanalol just a reduction in physical symptoms of anxiety

Hi Zeitgeist, Chheky and Hazel,

I'm pleased to hear that you are doing well on the propranalol and citalopram, I am also on 20mg cit and my GP has now told me to take propranalol as well as I find I wake up in the morning at about 5am full of anxiety and he has told me to take 2 x 10mg then and more should I need them through the day, I was a bit worried about starting them but after reading your messages I am going to give them a go.

The old beta blocker propranol is widely used and as you can see from the comments above help many people.
    However if you suffer from low blood pressure consult your doctor as I speak from personal experience with my own daughter, who was prescibed propranol in very small dosages and still passed out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information