Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is itchy skin and rashes common with anxiety?

Is itchy skin and rashes common with anxiety?

Hi
    For the last few days i'v been getting really itchy skin and rashes around my neck area and chest. Is this a common symptom? I'v ad a bad couple of days with my anxiety at work, but stuck with it. But felt very good earlier in the week, to be honest i thought i had completely conquered it. Its very frustrating that every now and then i still get very anxious for little or no reason.

Thanks

Ken

Re: Is itchy skin and rashes common with anxiety?

hi,not sure if its a common sympton but just wanted to post to say that i have the same. during the summer i had really bad rash on my neck and no amount of steroid cream or antihestamines shifted it. I suffered as a child with very very mild excema and have had a reccurence of this lately. I tend to think its related to my stress levels.

Glad you are doing well with the job Ken. As for the rash, it is probably the stress. My GP says that because we are stressed our immune systems take a dip and we become prone to such things. I get small breakouts of excema on my fingers which the Doc says are almost certainly stress related. I would see the GP if it keeps bothering you though as there as there are effective creams that will clear it up quickly.

Veronica

i get itchy round my neck an my jawline always thought it was hives?? a nervous thing?

Hi,

I get an itchy 'hive' type rash on my chest which usually flairs up if I am facing something particularly scary. It came up recentlt before I really 'felt' anxious.

hi ken
    my reply isnt to do with the rash sorry
    but similar to you i thought i have conquered the anx and p/a but then get symptons for little or sumtimes no reason thought this was just me ????
    i was thinking how can i have symptons im not stressed at all

Hi Ken,

Yeah - I get terribly itchy when my anx is bad. Evrywhere really but worse on my legs for some reason.

As for the anx and work - it happens to me as well mate. Keeps popping back for a little go!! Just keep pushing on mate

Thanks for the replies

I'v not had this symptom before but it bloomin anoying, i think i may see the dr about it, but the mrs has said there is a weird virus going around at her work at the mo that comes out in a simular way. At times its so hard to know if it is anxiety related or some kind of virus ect.

Cheers Veronica I'm not doing to bad at work at the moment, but every now and then i do have a couple of bad hours where the intensity of anxiety is high, but i stick with it, although it is hard.

Hi smiths I'v found you will still get symptoms of anxiety, although not as severe over time. I think its now because i understand why the symptoms occur that i can cope with them better. Although i am finding it quite hard at the moment and very irratable. I'm glad your feeling abit better though

Thanks for the replies

Ken

Cheers VTI

Its been a fairly odd week for me. Was feeling top of the world for 2 days, but now im having abit of a bad spell. Maybe i am a bit anxious about work at the moment, i dunno. Its so damn frustrating this disorder, the way you can feel so much better, then it strikes back again for little or no apparent reason.

Cheers

Ken

get the same:(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information