Thread: Psychiatrist appointment went well!

Psychiatrist appointment went well!

Probably posted this in the wrong forum. ooops!

I finally had my first appointment with the psychiatrist on Friday. He was sooooo lovely. Made me feel really relaxed so i didnt ramble and was able to tell him exactly how i'v been feeling. He seems to think that my current issues are related to the loss of my nan in February. He is referring me to something called 'stress pack' which works along the same lines as CBT. He says that it will be weekly for six weeks & he thinks that this will help me. Don't know what to expect but it's all positive, at least i might get the chance to learn how to control my anxiety. He also said that he does not think that i need to stay on fluoxetine (been on it three months) as i am not clinically depressed. I need to go see my doctor next week to discuss reducing them. I am a bit nervous about this but at least i will be getting support in other ways. I came out feeling much more positive, shame i can't aford to see him everyday. lol

Re: Psychiatrist appointment went well!

Wow! that is so great. im so happy for you. it sounds like you are doing really well...and i hope that your drugs get reduced a lot and that all goes well!

monika

To heal ilness, begin by restoring balance.

Speak or act negativly, pain follows, Speak or act with a pure heart, and happiness follows.

It's never too late to create a new body.

Wellness is our natural state. Disease is an imposter.

Thanks Mon, i know alot of people here at NMP dread going to see a psychiatrist but mine really was a positive experience and i hope i can give hope to many others.

I work with psychiatrists and believe me they are lovely, real nice guys and some of them are so caring its unbelievable! I would tell anybody not to worry about going to see one, the amount of people I see after they have come out looking so relieved is unreal, and most people give positive feedback when requesting their next appointments, so if anyone is referred don't worry, there is no stigma these days and probably a couple of staff you see milling around at least one of them will have usually had their own problems and don't judge anybody, you would be amazed at who has seen psychiatrists

Depression and anxiety is very very common.

Heather

Thread Information