Thread: Dark nights

Dark nights

Hi everyone

Does anyone fear a return of anx levels that they may have felt this time last year??? I was really anx from Oct to Dec last year and though there were a few possible explanations for that, I'm unsure what the real cause was. Part of me can't help blaming the dark nights as I seem so much better in the summer months, although heat can make me feel anx too, lol.

Anyway I was doing ok until the last few days when I've had really bad PMT and my anx levels have gone through the roof. I have been trying to concieve for over a year following a miscarriage 2 years ago, but no success. Today my health anx returned with avengence, as I'm feel I will have to have tests done on my hormone levels etc. This has been in my thoughts for months but for some reason has overwhelmed me this time. I can't help connecting this increase in anx to the clocks going back. Mind you, my sister had a miscarriage two weeks ago and that was very hard to deal with so maybe I'm just anx because of the whole pregnancy thing.

Either way today felt like it was last year and that was utter HELL. I can't possibly go through that again. My whole body feels rigid with anx and my hands are shaking. Every time I feel a bit light headed or jelly legged, I really panic and feel I'm going to collapse and be left for ages lying on the floor undiscovered omg, I sound crazy!!! SORRY

Re: Dark nights

I know this feeling!!!

...it happens in the fall, because winter is coming and I get anxious about the icey roads and being away from my husband...in fact, this morning I woke up to snow and ice for the first time this season and I felt my heart start to pound...all these thought racing through my head...

You're not crazy...sometimes it feels that way though, I know.

Hi Andie,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I imagine you are feeling the way you are due to the darkness and also because of what has happened to your sister is reminding you of your experience. It is in fact a trauma. I would not worry about hormonal testing until your doctor suggests it to you.

I know you hear these stories all the time but mine is indeed true. My husband and I had a difficult time getting pregnant too. In fact we were told we could not conceive, I even went through some invasive procedures. Finally we accepted it and traded in both of our 4 door cars and purchased two - 2 door cars and I got a 2 door bright red Thunderbird, not a Mommy car at all!!! Two months later guess who ended up pregnant? I had to break my back for years with a car seat in the back of that 2 door car, hubby's wasn't much better. We even had a second child, so please don't give up okay!!! Dwelling on it and negativity is not good for you and believe me I know how easy it is to do. Focus on something else, please try.

If you get too down due to the darkness, there are lamps you can purchase on-line to give you the needed sunlight effect to avoid you getting depressed. If you need more information, please pm me. I do hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura

Thanks guys. Laura I have often thought about buying one of those lamps, but don't know anyone that has used one. It would be nice to get some positive feedback before purchasing one.

I think you are right about my sisters experience reminding me of my own. Every month is a rollercoaster ride of thoughts am I am I not. It really gets me down. The gloomy weather and dark cold nights are just adding to it. It's good to hear a positive story about having kids. I just feel at 35 I am running short of time. I've got it into my head that I am perimenupausal, and that's why the PMT has been so bad. My mind doesn't half spiral out of control at times.

Andie,

I would go to your doctor and ask for material regarding the light or google it. I'm sure there are several types and price ranges. My doctor was going to prescribe me one due to insomnia. He told me I needed 15 minutes of early sunshine every morning to rid me of insomnia and it is difficult to get in the winter. Luckily I haven't had to purchase one yet.

As for the other issue, I don't know what all your symptoms are so can't advise. I have already gone through the change myself, but did go through it young. Hormones are tricky because they change every day. My doctor would tell me that I was perimenopausal at one appt. but then again she was not quite sure because they would change . I'm telling you, tough to be a woman!!! If you are very worried make an appt. with your doc. If you ever need to vent, please pm me. I've been through it!

Hugs,

Laura

Hi Andie

Im really blue today, apparently!! LOL

I HATE the dark nights, it really really messes with my moods and thoughts.

Ive tried to get light today when out walking, supposed to help but havent noticed any difference.

Thread Information