Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wobbly Fluttery Heart

Wobbly Fluttery Heart

Hi everyone

Havn't posted for a little while but something happened this morning and I just wanted to share it .

I suffer badly with the missed, fluttering weird beats but this morning my heart seemed to go totally out of whack. It like started of as an extra beat but then beat really fast or actually it felt like it was just fluttering for several beats. I thought my god its not going to go back to normal. I reckon all in all it did it for say only a few seconds but felt like minutes. It actually scared me to death nearly. I thought oh now its just fluttering and feels weird. I am trying not to panic as then i know i'll get heaps more and the whole circle will start again .

I just wondered if anyone else gets these weird beats? not just the missed/ extra ones but the ones where your heart goes weird and its hard to explain what its doing.

Thanks guys

Tracy

Re: Wobbly Fluttery Heart

hi tracy
    yes i have had the same thing as you where your heart goes totaly out of rythmn for a few seconds and your right it does seem like it last for minutes. its really scarey i know. i get the ectopics and the missed beats and flutters too. and like you i try not to panic if i do it will get worse. but it sure is hard not to. have went to the docs about it and it is all down to anxiety. when it does happen if feels like you are going to die for sure. i hope this helps. feel free to pm me if you like
    love debera
    x x x

Hi Debera

Thank you so much for your reply, its so fantastic to talk to people that understand. It makes a world of difference when you know that other people have experienced the same thing (not that I wish this thing on any of us).

Thanks once again

xx Tracy

Happened to me a few days ago oo..
    Started with a skipped beat, then my heart rate was unstable for five minutes or so.
    It's just adrenaline-like substances in the blood

Aren't they horrible? I sometimes get a run of ectopics and palpitations. I've started getting them in the middle of my dance class, which is very disturbing. But then again, I was running around all weekend with dogs and children (not mine ), and didn't feel any at all. So it's probably just adrenaline and cortisol, as Mikke says, which I probably get released when concentrating and performing in dance, but not when I'm just relaxed and messing around. Sigh. They are so disturbing. I know the feeling .

Hi Tracy,
    So glad you have put this post in. I have not had these bleeding things for over two months now, but because i have not had them, i stupidly started to think about them, they have been on my mind for over two weeks now, low and behold yesterday tea time, they came back worse than ever. Well i think they were worse or maybe i had just not felt them for a while i was just more frightened. But my problem has been trying to describe them, you have described them exactly right. So yes i have them, they are horrid, but i have to say they do subside very quickly for me when im not frightened of them anymore, just seem to have been obsessed with them lately, i think thats what brought them on for me.
    As you said "i dont like to think others suffer with them " but it is reassuring that people understand.
    Again, thanks for your post and help x

Hey,
    I had those wobbly feelings combined with really hard thumps, racing, slowing right down, then massive pauses...constantly for FOUR days. 3 trips to the emergency doctor to have ECG's, blood tests, i finially called an ambulance after i could cope with it anymore, i was feeling exhausted.
    Nothing was diagnosed, they lost my ECG traces.

Just remember they are harmless. That is what i keep in my mind everytime i feel it happening.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

i get them to babe try not to worry to much about them i know its hard but they feed of us worriers lol
    xxxxxx

hi joolee
    i havent chated with you in a while. how have you been?
    love debera
    x x

Hi Tracy,

Yes, I have had this before. It used to just happen to me very slightly, just a ort of feeling like my heart was skipping a beat and it felt a bit fuzzy and I would cough and it would go away. But, about a month ago it happened and how ever much I coughed it wouldn't go and I started to panic because my heart beat was getting faster, my hands were going numb and I was so scared cause I felt that I had no control over it and that I was having a heart attack. I called the paramedics and they did some tests on me and said that it was all normal. I learnt a few weeks later that this happens due to stress and is not harmful and doesn't mean that you have a heart problem. Hope you feel better soon, and that you don't have another of those experinces.

Take care,

Sacha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information